Interesting read here...

Discussion in 'Science & History' started by pro2A, Jul 28, 2008.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.​

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Heh, this thread has definitely been done before.

Just goes to show you the power of the human mind.

3. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

We studied this in psychology two years ago. I can't remember what the "technical" word is, but it has something with our minds ability to identify symbols. Bleh I can't remember.

Pretty crazy though huh?

4. Corona

Corona Registered Member

This would really screw with children doing the Phonics thing.

5. Clear_Note

Clear_Note Demon King/Sith Warrior

Olry? I neevr kenw taht, I gesus ttah's kndia cool. D30z it wr0k wt1h l33t chP5@@3tk?

6. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

^^(to the OP) I knew that

8. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

In a related note on the way humans read:

spreeder.com - online speed reading application

This site takes text and flashes it one word at a time. Default speed it 300 words a minute. If you get used to it, it may be a faster way to read because you don't have the distraction of all the words surrounding it, trying to keep the lines separate. Also, it prevents glazing over of phrases.

It's a new site, check it out.

9. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Wow.... I just put my OP into that site. That was trippy, but I could still read it.

10. rozzlapeed

rozzlapeed Registered Member

What I want to know is, how long did it take you to scramble up that sentence?