• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Interesting Old Ric Flair Comment

Hitman

Registered Member
Hey guys. This thread is really just meant to liven this place up a bit. Anyway, I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with the Legends of Wrestling Roundtable show on WWE's On Demand channel, but they are running an old episode from 2008 this month. The episode is about important moments in wrestling history, but somehow they got on the topic of when Vince Russo and Ed Ferrara made fun of Jim Ross on Nitro. JR was talking about how upset it made him and Ric Flair chimed in. He said, "Well look at it this way. Today, you're and Hall of Famer and where are those guys? They're in the shit can. They're working for TNA. What the hell is TNA?" I just found that funny and kind of ironic seeing as how he ended up working for TNA less that 2 years later.

BTW, if you watch the show, who are your favorite panelists? Flair always has hilarious stories and I love how honest he is, especially when he's talking about someone he doesn't like. In that same episode, he trashed Kevin Nash big time. He said that Nash was a guy who had a great look but zero talent. He also said that he loved when WWE bought WCW because of all the guys who left WWE and jumped to WCW for more money and it came around and bit them all in the ass. I also like Michael Hayes and Pat Patterson when they are on. They have great stories. Pat usually tells awesome backstage stories involving working with talent and running shows. Hayes usually tells funny stories involving drugs and being rowdy in different promotions. A lot of his stories involve Iron Sheik too.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I remember watching that segment and I as well always found it funny how he ended up in TNA regardless lol Great show and segment and I really loved when Eric Bishoff was on the hot seat in regards to the NWO and WCW's rise. Great stuff :)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've heard that comment before, and like both of you thought it was pretty funny.

I remember I tweeted JR about that very segment, and I don't remember word by word but I said something along the lines of that he was pissed off because they made fun of him, and he responded by saying that it's a business. In other words, he's not mad about it. I guess over time he got over it.

I love that show by the way, it's good to hear stories from Legends lof the business

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I made a thread about this show about a month or so ago and I absolutely love this stuff. I probably watched Legends of Wrestling videos for a few days straight whenever I got back from work.

I could listen to those guys talk all day long.

Michael Hayes kinda annoys me but I love hearing from Flair and Jim Ross.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
Totally agree with the Michael Hayes comment. I always found him to be a fair bit arrogant. Especially when Eric Bischoff was on the hot seat.

Hitman

Registered Member
From listening to JR on the show he seems like he might have been a bit intimidating when he was the head of talent relations. He seems very straight forward and blunt with people.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Michael Hayes has always been arrogant, from his days with the Free Birds to his days working backstage for the WWE. He's always been close to the McMahon family which is one of the reasons he's still like that till this day in my opinion.

Some times it's a turn-off when someone is telling a good story, but he brings a different angle to the roundtable which I really enjoy.