TV Interest me in Lost

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Babe_Ruth, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I never watched the show, but I know it's one of the most popular shows on television right now.

I have many friends that didn't start watching the series till season two or three, but borrowed the first or second seasons from friends, and now their hooked on the show.

I would like to start watching the show as well, from season one obviously. But I would live some convincing points on why I should start watching it. No spoilers obviously.

*PLEASE DON'T REPLY BY SAYING SOMETHING LIKE, IT'S GOOD TRUST ME*

Give me interesting stuff about the show, that would make me want to watch it.

2. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Well, an overview would be that a plane crashes onto a mysterious island that no one can seem to locate. It's very secretive, and strange things that are unexplainable keep happening.

It's into it's 5th season, and the direction of the show has changed a little bit, so that's about all I can say without giving anything away. If you like to try to figure out large mystery plots, and theorize on what could possibly be going on, then this is the show for you. It can be confusing at times, but these days there is rarely something on tv anymore that makes you think.

It was co-created by JJ Abrams, who is responsible for the shows Felicity, Alias, and Fringe. He also did the movie Mission Impossible III.

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Watch the first couple episodes. If you're not intrigued, you'll never enjoy it.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Like Cons said, you just have to watch the show and see for yourself if it's something you enjoy. If you like lots of plot twists, mystery, and thinking outside the box, then this show is for you. It has great acting and character development as well.

5. Merc

Yeah the character development is awesome since each show will always focus on one member of the survivors . . . or "others", but I'll let you figure that out.

:)

Also, this is one of only two TV shows that has ever moved me to tears and I think that should count for something since the last time I every cried was when I was born. I have some sort of medical condition where I produce so much testosterone that my tear ducts seared themselves shut with bone.

6. AnitaKnapp

You watch it? I didn't know that. Why aren't you posting about it?

7. Merc

I've only seen through season 4, I'm not up to date.

8. AnitaKnapp

Oh I see. You're still watching though?

9. Merc

I haven't seen any of season 5 yet. I'm going to wait until I graduate to download the season so far and then continue watching it. I have no real way of downloading it out here at my school since they block torrent files.

10. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

Hate to break it to you but they've just admitted to being in purgatory...j/k:p

I was a little disappointed in seasons 3 and 4 but I think season 5 is pretty good so far. Last night's episode was pretty good. And I agree with the emotional part, it can kinda get me sometimes.