• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Awesome Interactive RP Story idea

Choose your favorite Genre/Mashup

• Supersleuth/PI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Secret Agent/Spy vs. Spy

• Space Adventure

• Utopian Sci-Fi

• Superheroes & Supervillains

• Limited Time Travel

• Total voters

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I have an idea for a Forum RP but would like some input as to which genre's in my wheelhouse would be most interesting for folks here to read about, and whether they think if such a story were to be started how likely they might be to pick up a character and begin playing them.

The basic genre's are...

1> Supersleuth (Gritty old-school Private Investigator story with just the right amount of cliche) - 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9
2> Spy vs. Spy/Secret Agent (Great car, lots of cool gadgets, and cunning villains) - 1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9
3> Medieval Sword and Sorcery (Welcome to the magical land of Sprindarr)
4> Futuristic Sci-Fi/Space Adventure (Seeking out new life and new civilizations) - 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 9
5> Futuristic Utopia (No aliens, but how alien has society become?) - 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9
6> Futuristic Dystopia (Technological hell on Earth) - 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9
7> Post Apocalyptic (Back to the Stone age, with a few modern exceptions) - 6, 8, 9
8> Superhero's vs. Supervillians (I have the power!) - All but 3
9> Limited time travel (Temporal Paradox is a b~tch!) - 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

The numbers after each category represent genre mash-up compatibility.
Don't forget to rate how likely you'd be to play.

- Chameleon

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
I mentioned to you that I like dark stuff.

#3, #6 or #7 sounds interesting to me though. (leaning 6 or 7 though)

I think it would help to have this explained much more thoroughly. I honestly have no idea how this game would work and I'm betting a lot of other people are in the same boat.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I mentioned to you that I like dark stuff.

#3, #6 or #7 sounds interesting to me though. (leaning 6 or 7 though)

I think it would help to have this explained much more thoroughly. I honestly have no idea how this game would work and I'm betting a lot of other people are in the same boat.
It is essentially a novel where users can adopt a character at any time and make decisions on behalf of that character, but they must stick to that character until their primary objective (which would be revealed fairly soon after their introduction) is completed, or the character dies. Until a character is adopted his/her decisions are dictated by the author (me). The fictional setting has no limitations apart from those dictated by the genre. Players can take their characters anywhere in the fictional realm and do or say anything they want, but as author, I have the discretion to overrule anything that starkly contrasts with the characters personality as described up to that point or creates really bad continuity issues. A Vito which I would use as sparingly as possible. Each time a primary or secondary mission is completed, points are awarded. The general objective of the game is to simply have fun collecting points and exploring the fictional universe.

- Chameleon

P.S. Don't forget that when making your preferred genre selection, you can pick multiple compatible genres for a cool hybrid. For example, 6 & 7 can be mashed up. :)

Last edited: