• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Intense Scenes

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
Pretty straightforward. What are some of the film scenes that stick out in your mind as aneurysm-inducingly intense? Thinking about the coffee scene of the original The Vanishing (I haven't seen the American remake yet) inspired this thread, because it's probably one of the most brilliant scenes in cinema, and justifies that film's existence.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
The last 20 minutes of Audition.

The whole movie is just one long build up to the 20 minutes. The torture scene at the end is fucking insane. And at one point it gets so intense that it's hard to watch it without squirming. If that's not an effective horror/thriller film, then I don't know what is.

Another one would probably be A Serbian Film. I turned it off half way through. It's the only movie to date that I haven't been able to sit through... and I've watched the August Underground trilogy without flinching.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I think it'd be a scene from 'American History X' for me.
"Now say good night."

When that man bites down on the kerb it sends shivers down my spine. No other film has made me feel quite that way before. It's just such an awful thing to do to someone and was hard to shake from my memory.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
There are quite a few intense moments for me in film:

When Jodie Foster is walking around in Buffalo Bills house at the end of Silence of the Lambs with the night-vision goggles, you were right there with her, all you could see was what she saw and all you could hear was breathing.

Another for me was in Kill Bill 2 where Uma Therman is placed into a casket underground. All you can hear is her breathing and total blackness. When I was in the cinema you could not see a thing and it would have been easy to laugh at this but the entire cinema held their breath thinking "what the fuck does she do now?"

I am sure I will come up with more.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
There are quite a few intense moments for me in film:

When Jodie Foster is walking around in Buffalo Bills house at the end of Silence of the Lambs with the night-vision goggles, you were right there with her, all you could see was what she saw and all you could hear was breathing.

Another for me was in Kill Bill 2 where Uma Therman is placed into a casket underground. All you can hear is her breathing and total blackness. When I was in the cinema you could not see a thing and it would have been easy to laugh at this but the entire cinema held their breath thinking "what the fuck does she do now?"

I am sure I will come up with more.
Those are pretty intense scenes for me too. A scene that sticks out to me is the rape scene in The Last House on the Left. I found that scene to be very disturbing and I can remember feeling lots of anger and other emotions during that scene. It was a very intense scene in the movie.

Amy's scene from American History X was pretty intense for me too.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
A scene that sticks out to me is the rape scene in The Last House on the Left. I found that scene to be very disturbing and I can remember feeling lots of anger and other emotions during that scene. It was a very intense scene in the movie.
Agreed, it was not nice at all and the follow up scenes were just horrible, I know what they did but the revenge scenes were just so nasty including the one:

where she bites off his penis :-o

I also found the rape scene in "I Spit on your Grave" very nasty and difficult to watch and as Amy said I still cannot watch AHX without wincing.

dDave

V.I.P.
Jodie Foster scouring the inside of the plane in Flightplan is pretty exciting. I wasn't expecting it at all the first time I watched the movie.

I could answer with something a bit more standard like *coughduelifthefatescough*

The beginning of Goldeneye was out of control. You all know what I'm talking about there.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Tension -

Hmm.. A few come to mind -
The final poker game between Matt Damon and John Malkovich in 'Rounders' is pretty tense
The final part of 'Magnolia' leading up to its epic final act, it just winds up the tension something awful before suddenly confusing the piss out of you...
Alien - in the strobed up corridors, something is lurking...
The final act in Se7en as they go to find the killer's purported final victims

All very good -But the winner is:
The Birds:
Almost every scene involving a huge flock of birds is a nerve-wracking experience, especially if you've not seen it in ages and aren't quite sure what happens because you've forgotten. There are some scenes that just wind it on, where it takes ages for something to actually happen, but you know it will happen, you don't know when, but you know it will. The waiting is nail-biting, that's all it does, makes you bleeding wait and makes sure you don't look away for a second.
Trouser-ruining tension in this film, watch it! --

dDave

V.I.P.
^The Birds is a great one. I had forgotten about that.

I saw the movie last year for the first time. To say the least, it was sketchy. :lol: It was a little creepy at times and the movie had an overall eerie feel to it.