• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Intellectual Bullying

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A highly intelligent person who uses his/her intellect in a nasty superior manner.
Also.. someone who posts Urban Legends and false newsmyths on line to prey on the gullibility of others.
Intellectual Bullying

Intellectual – The intellectual bully specializes in condescension. Their insecurities are masked in large words and aloof, arrogant sentences. Their offense consists of a belief that they are smarter than the competition. They enjoy making others feel inferior.
http://www.corrections.com/news/article/26649-ranking-bully-types-the-points-system

I have never been a victim of this but it seems to be a real thing. Bullying ranging from trying to make someone feel stupid because someone has a learning disorder or going after someone because they have a theory or personal experience others don't agree with or don't believe.

I can see how this would be as hurtful as being picked on by someone bigger or stronger. I hope I've never treated someone like this. I know in politics I can get argumentative but I don't do it to make someone feel stupid. I just think they are wrong.lol Well unless they call me stupid then I have no problem calling them stupid. However I don't see that as the same as making fun of someones intellect, theory or personal experiences.

Has anyone ever been a victim of this, witnessed it or done this to others? Thoughts?

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Experienced it? LOL. I learned how to deal with it - offline and online - but people are only victims if they believe the bullies. I almost did but now I get what they are so I don't listen but sometimes I bully them back. Funny and yeah, it shuts their faces. There's a huge difference between brains and people that have them.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've read theories and personal experiences by people online and the way they were treated was horrible. Not talking about some troll looking for conflict by saying something stupid but people that were serious. Trolls need made fun of. Right off the bat they would start making fun of them by things said and posting cartoons. Even if I didn't buy what they were saying I try not to stoop to making fun of them.

I found a music video about intellectual bullies.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I've seen the memes and support the victims. Not everyone is born exceptionally bright and there's no Lawnmower Man out there. But hey, intelligence is only a tool. It's used to create new weapons of mass destruction, create invasive code, destroy countries, pollute the planet, feed suspicion and distrust, militarize melting ice caps, and fill the oceans with nuclear waste. If people weren't this intelligent, it may not even be 2.5 minutes to midnight on this planet. But hey, we may not even have that much time remaining.

The Jedi call it the Force and religious people call it a god. Science just calls it dark matter. It's in all the equations but nobody knows what it is. Heisenberg was right and "chunks of ice", orbiting the sun, have strong electromagnetic cores. So maybe Tunguska really is the yardstick for human intelligence. It's not something Hawkings or Tsiolkovsky could have predicted. But hey, we have intellectual bullies to add to the limits of knowledge.

Wasted time - attacking less advantaged people - could be used to help solve all the serious issues caused by intelligent humans. It only adds a "?" to "intellectuals" that choose to be bullies. So maybe they're not as intelligent as they want their victims to believe. If they were then they would be using that time to rescue the planet or push new ideas. Imo, that's why intellectual bullies should NOT be believed.