• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Instruments that you own/play

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Since the last couple threads like this are over a year old, and we've gotten some new people since then, I figured I'd make a new one (combining the two old ones hehehe)

How many instruments do you own, and how many instruments do you know how to play?

I own 4 instruments. I have 2 guitars, a harmonica and a recorder. The guitars and the recorder are the only ones I know how to play. As for the harmonica, well thats just a dream haha. I fart around with it from time to time. I just get distracted playing the instruments I know how to play.

Oh I also know how to play clarinet. I played it in band from grade 6 until grade 8. I haven't touched one since, but I would still know how to play it, its like riding a bike.

So how about yourselves, what instruments are you gifted with, and which ones are you lucky enough to own?

Falconer

Registered Member
The only instrument I own (as in, have with me in the current flat) is a flute. I can play it fairly well, though I'm self-taught so I probably make a lot of mistakes. I keep meaning to take a few lessons to try and get rid of the bad habits.

Back home I have a whole collection of weird woodwinds: Chinese dizi flute, a Hall crystal flute, a piccolo (nothing fancy, just a plastic beginner one), two ocarinas... oh, and a miniature finger piano. And a violin under the bed which I got free from a friend who didn't want it any more, which I keep meaning to get out and try to learn... no go on that one yet.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I can play the guitar a little bit, but I'm self taught and struggle a lot whenever I try to play. I would love to have a few formal lessons to fill in the blanks, but it's way too expensive. so I just use youtube to help me learn.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I have a ukulele in my cupboard which I was supposed to ship to someone but never got around to it lol. It's purple! I got it from a shop that sold bright coloured instruments. All the colours of the rainbow.
I can play one song which my sister taught me and I don't even know the name of it.

I don't own any of these but I can bust out a few beats on the drums, I can play the recorder, I can play the violin (sort of) and the triangle!

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
lol at the Triangle.

I know how to play the saxophone, because that's what I used to play in my high school's band. I own an acoustic guitar and I've been making an effort to learn a few songs, just really haven't had the time, honestly.

I would love to learn how to play the drums. I just don't wanna go shopping for a drum kit. Seems like a hassle to me. That's on my bucket list tho - learn to play the drums.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I have always wanted to play the uke, Amy. I hear it's really easy and it's such a cute instrument. why don't you try to learn how to play it?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Cowbell. I play the Cowbell and I play it good.

lol but in all seriousness, in elementary school I played the Baritone Saxophone. It was an heirloom from my grandpa, really cool instrument. I havent played it since Elementary and I'm sure if I picked it up and tried I'd be pretty terribad with it.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I won two hand-made acoustic guitars and had 2 years worth of guitar lessons in High School but I still suck at playing them. I'm not really an overly musical person, but since the guitars were given to me I gave them a shot. I also own several djembes, which are a type of African drum.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
While I was in highschool, I learned how to play the Piano, Drums and Guitar and that was enough for me. I was obsessed with guitar when I was younger, would play it as much as I could but I don't think I could do it now, I think I forgot how to.

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
I can play a kazoo! No, I can only really make two sounds with one haha. I learned how to play one very simple song on a piano for a play once, but that's about the extent of my instrumental knowledge.