Insomnia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Corona, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Corona

Corona Registered Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomnia

I'm something of an insomniac, because I simply cannot turn off my mind. I can be bone-deep exhausted, and when I close my eyes, my mind will shift into 5th, rather than neutral, and I can lie awake for hours just watching the alarm clock and waiting.

Any others?

2. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

I'm right there with you brother. I'll be completely exhausted and gone to bed, but I just can't fall asleep. I can be up for hours just thinking about stuff, anything.

3. Corona

Corona Registered Member

4. Nosferatu_Alucard

Yeah, I've seen these kind of sites before. I've read a few of them, but they end up not working or I'm not willing to commit to them. I tried one were you count backwards from 1000, but I felt I was going against what I was trying not to do. Think.

5. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Yeah but counting is sort of a lower level function. Freud said that sleep was the relaxation of the body and the focusing of the mind. My problem is that my mind is too damn creative and jumps around to much when I try to sleep.

6. Nosferatu_Alucard

Well said. I find that my mind is always "jumping" from one thing to another.

I don't know if you're into astrology, but are you a scorpio by anychance? Scorpios are supose to very mentally active.

7. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Nope born June 21, so I'm a Gemeni, barely.

Adaptable and versatile
    Communicative and witty
    Intellectual and eloquent
    Youthful and lively

I can live with that.

8. Nosferatu_Alucard

Yeah. Sometimes astrology is off, but sometimes it's so right it's scary.