• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Inside America's busiest mall

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Mall of America attracts 40 million visitors each year, making the Bloomington, Minnesota destination a city unto itself.
More people play, shop, and eat there than in any other mall in the United States thanks to a breath-taking selection of family attractions, retail stores, dining, and even nightlife.

Inside the Mall of America: Rollercoasters, sharks, and even weddings | Mail Online
I would love to spend a week shopping at this place. Its a mini city with everything you can think of to do under one roof. When I was looking at the pictures I was thinking I would have to be able to spend the night if I were going visit most of the shops and maybe do a few other things. Then when I got to the bottom of the page I found out in the future I will be able to do that.

I bet that place is very popular in the winter time because of being enclosed. When they add the hotel it might turn into the place to party since you wouldn't have to risk driving anywhere drunk.

Has anyone ever been shopping in this Mall? Would you like to?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
That's awesome, I don't think we have any big malls like that in Aus. I grew up in a small town and I remember being amazed when I first moved to Melbourne because one of the malls here had a cinema in it haha. Those ones have whole freaking theme parks!

The best mall I've been to was in Singapore. It had a theatre and ice-skating rink. It even had canals built through it so you could go on boat rides if you wanted.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know Crouton there is so much there to do. I could spend a week there and call it a vacation. Minnesota is not that far away, I would like to plan a mini vacation there and stay at their new hotel when its finished. You could do it anytime of the year too since its all enclosed.

EDIT: The hotel opened last March, I was thinking it was going to open this coming March.

Last edited:

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
I have seen the mall in the movie Jingle all the Way and seen the amusement park part of it, which used to be Camp Snoopy. Someday, I might plan on visiting Minnesota and Mall of America will definitely be one of my top things to go to.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I wouldn't mind going there to just experience it myself once, but I would definitely not plan a holiday around it. In fact, apart from the mall looking impressive, it would be a nightmare for me. The only thing I hate more than shopping is large crowds and queues.

I would hate for this to be my mall that I had to go to for shopping regularly. I prefer easy accessible places to shop - malls with all the shops I need, but not too large. That place is way to big.

I love the aquarium though. :)

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
No I wouldn't want to go shopping there all the time, can't stand having to go in a super Wal-Mart all the time. However I could spend a week there partying and having fun. Living in the country like I do a vacation in the country is the same ole same ole for me. Going to a super large crowded mall like this would be a change for me.