• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

"[Insert group] hates the constitution" Anyone else sick of this crybaby shit?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It's not even a logical or effective argument yet you hear it constantly. I bring it up because it's a common debate "point" you see around this forum. Do you hear this sort of thing often? It's not just that sentence specifically either. You also tend to hear things like "[Group] hates America/liberty/etc."

How do you handle such comments? Have you found yourself guilty of this?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Hahaha! Well those that believe in the unlimited power of government always seem to be hatin' on that huge stumbling block that stops them from compelling others to accept their "solutions".

So it is quite logical and effective.

Why else would they go through such contortions to try to say such things as the "constitution is a living document" or that the 2nd amendment doesn't protect an individual right?

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I'm about as sick of that as I am the crybaby shit of "corporations are evil" or "the Tea Party is racist" is goes on ad naseum and is sloppy thinking.

In all seriousness, there has been an affront to the Constitution, to not see it is sloppy thinking as well.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Hahaha! Well those that believe in the unlimited power of government always seem to be hatin' on that huge stumbling block that stops them from compelling others to accept their "solutions".

So it is quite logical and effective.
That didn't explain anything let alone validate your argument. I'd like to know how your opinion of a vague and nameless group validates the title of the thread. Because it doesn't.

Why else would they go through such contortions to try to say such things as the "constitution is a living document" or that the 2nd amendment doesn't protect an individual right?
I think you already have people in mind when I didn't while making this thread.

I'm about as sick of that as I am the crybaby shit of "corporations are evil" or "the Tea Party is racist" is goes on ad naseum and is sloppy thinking.
I agree that shit drives me nuts, too. The problem once again is the media picks the worst of a group and talks only about them. Those few racists in the tea party end up defining them for the majority of folks watching because let's face it, how many truly driven, not lazy people have you run into lately? They don't look into the facts, they just listen to the news and assume they have their best interests in mind and are telling them nothing but the truth.

In all seriousness, there has been an affront to the Constitution, to not see it is sloppy thinking as well.
And that's fine that you think that, I just hate the people that get all "herp derp" and have nothing to say except to grunt and snort "YOU HATE 'MURRICA" because like you said, it's just incredibly sloppy thinking.

shelgarr

Registered Member
How do I deal with it? Consider the source. One thing I like about forums is that we all are arm-chair "analyzers". Some come across with more intelligence and wisdom and maturity than others. And them some don't. So I ignore them.

It's the types like Moore, Beck, Limbaugh, McCain, Rev Wright, Sharpton, J Jackson, etc that are catagorical as well and they're suppose to be professoinals! As you say though...it's sloppy. I can't count the number of times I have said that the "fringe" are not representative of the "groups'" principles. Yet so many debates are centered around some farfetched statement or protestor sign or bad phrasing.