• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Insects Appearing In Your House Unexpectedly

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
You know what annoys me sometimes? Big flying insects appear inside my house despite my best attempts to keep them out including closing the doors and windows:mad:. Back in the late 1980s to early 1990s, I would have little nymphs flying all over the place, especially in my bedroom! However, the nymphs weren't as bad as the wasps that had louder wings. Back in December of 1997, I had one at a time 2 to 3 blue wasps flying inside the house, mainly in the dining room. The last big insect that entered the house died in the kitchen window trying to get out. The worse experience in dealing with a flying insect happened during Spring Break of 1997 at my late grandmother's house, when I heard a big loud buzzing noise and saw the king of all buzzing, stinging nightmares: THE BUMBLEBEE!!!!:-o:-o:-o:-o Thankfully, it was only flying by the window trying to get out of the house. If Dad hadn't shut the window on it, it would've just flown into the living room and probably try to sting the heck out of us!

Today, I don't have much problems with that anymore. Every now and then, I would deal with a small blue wasp and almost every night, even though they don't bother me, roaches.

dDave

V.I.P.
The only annoying flyers we get here are moths, the climate is too dry for many other types of bugs to survive. The moths are annoying though, they'll nest right above the doors, fly around the TV, lights, etc. They'll even make noise on the ceiling or outside while I'm trying to sleep. We get them every year but I think it's every 4 years that it's especially bad due to some kind of cycle they live on.

The ones that get me the most are spiders. I was bit a few nights ago right on the forehead while sleeping, it was terrible. I don't know how we have spiders though. I keep everything in my room well vacuumed, organized, and all around clean. Usually spiders are attracted to a mess.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
We get june bugs around here like crazy. I hate it because they make loud buzzing noises and it usually drives me nuts.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Being so close to the forest bugs are a problem here. This time of the year those big wood spiders are everywhere and I hate it when they somehow get into the house occasionally. I think I may bring the little ones in when I had my house plants sitting outside for some extra sun. The bad thing is it only takes one to hatch eggs then they are everywhere.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Ugh, there aren't many things more annoying than insects getting into the house. Especially the flying ones that are hard to catch, like flies or moths. Occasionally I'll find a spider or some other crawling bug, but fortunately it doesn't happen too often.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
If I find a spider anywhere except my bedroom, I usually just leave it be since it's going to do a good job of killing any other intruders. Thankfully, we have nothing dangerous that would be found wandering into a house around my neck of the woods. But with my spiderbro's, the bedroom is sacred and the punishment for trespassing there, is death.

Besides, I already have a tarantula in my room so I don't need any more of them.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Besides, I already have a tarantula in my room so I don't need any more of them.
I would never be able to sleep knowing there was a tarantula in my room. I would always be worried about it getting loose. Yeah, I know I'm kind of a pussy when it comes to creepy crawlies. :lol:

Konshentz

Konshentz
I'm always finding spiders and earwigs in my house. Mainly in the basement, but occasionally one will wander across the kitchen floor. I don't hesitate to put these nasty little things to death.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I can handle most bugs, even in the house. Majority of houses here don't have air conditioning, so windows and doors are usually left wide open in the summer time. We get our fair share of bugs inside the house.

I have an irrational fear of spiders, as some people on GF might remember. If there is a spider in the house, it absolutely has to die, no exception. Even ones outside the house in close proximity would have to die. They picked the wrong house.

The only other insect that I cannot stand, is what we call Parktown Prawns. They are hideous monsters and impossible to kill. No amount of poison can kill these and they are just to big and hard and gross to step on. We get lots of them in the summer time. I have chills running down my spine just thinking about it.

Jadae

Registered Member
I don't mind, except for Recluse and Hobo spiders. They're non-existent until August/September, right before the rains come here. They're venomous, which is the only reason that I care. Otherwise, we are in nature's space and we are nature, at least as far as I am concerned, since the idea of space and borders are a fairly human idea. ... but the venomous folk can, you know, die :]