Insane sports, which one would you not do?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by dDave, Mar 24, 2009.

?

Which sport would you NOT do?

1. Ladder Climb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Tow-In Surfing

16.7%
  3. Free Soloing

50.0%
  4. Chess Boxing

16.7%
  5. 4WD Sand Dune Climbing

8.3%
  6. Underwater Hockey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Cheese Rolling

8.3%
  8. Underwater Rugby

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Alright I've done some exploring and came up with a few pretty crazy sports. Personally I think that all of these are insane but you can only pick one that you wouldn't do.

Some of these look fun while others are :shocked:

Which one of these sports would you absolutely not do?

Ladder Climb
    YouTube - Ladder climbing world championship

Tow-In Surfing
    YouTube - Struck in tsunami

Free Soloing
    YouTube - Dan Osman Amazing Speed Climbing

Chess Boxing
    YouTube - World Chess Boxing Championships - 1 of 2

4WD Sand Dune Climbing
    YouTube - Crazy sand dune hill climbing race truck roll over crash

Underwater Hockey
    YouTube - Underwater Hockey freestyle

Cheese Rolling
    YouTube - Gloucestershire Cheese Rolling 2008

Underwater Rugby
    YouTube - Underwater Rugby Champions Cup 2008 - Russia - Germany 1/2

Alright I think that's a pretty good list, which ONE of these sports would you definitely not do?

I'll answer my own opt later.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Free soloing for sure. I love rock climbing but that's just nuts. Even if it's an easy climb, if you slip or if a hold breaks off you're dead. That video is crazy. He actually jumped to a hold, losing total contact with the rock, several hundred feet above the ground.

3. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

Cheese rolling is insane compared to the other sports. Grown men running down hill chasing a cheese? No thank you

4. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I would not do the free soloing. For sure I know I am going to slip and fall.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I wouldn't do tow in surfing. All these are risky and you might die from it, but it's only in tow surfing that your body might not be possibly be retrieved after. :lol: I also can't swim that well so I dislike being in water deeper than my height, especially in open spaces (swimming pool is fine).

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Whoa, that's the first time I've seen Ladder Climbing. LMAO! Man, that's some crazy s--- right there. Kind of like the sport Curling, but entertaining.

For me, I have to go with Chess Boxing. That's just ridiculous and I wouldn't consider that insane or extreme at all. If anything, it's just a horrible coat of paint on an otherwise decent sport. The others seem to make my mouth water up and seem a tad more appealing.

ysabel likes this.
  7. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Wow, I completely forgot about this thread...

time to answer my own question I guess. Out of all of these Free soloing seems to be the most dangerous, I mean come on, the guy in that video (Dan Osman) died while free soloing, I wonder why. :rolleyes:

No but seriously that looks the most dangerous to me.

8. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Tow-in surfing, because even though I'm a relatively strong swimmer, that is just way too close to my phobia and way too far out of my comfort zone. Makes my stomach turn even just watching that clip.

9. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Free soloing! ....that guy is half monkey! I dont have a head for heights and that looked scary.

The tow-in-surfing is also harcore extreme, putting yourself at the mercy of nature in one of its most ferocious forms. The person in the video did not look behind them they'd probably have a panic attack if they did.

10. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I definitely wouldn't touch free soloing. Just imagine losing your grip :shocked:

The 4WD sand dune climbing actually looks like it could be good fun...:D