• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Insane Magazine Ads from the Past

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I found these ads crazy. Its just amazing what was allowed in the past. The first one is Cocaine toothache medicine for your kids from 1885. I guess back then this was acceptable. Seems strange now it was sold over the counter like this. I'd like to say that was the craziest one but I can't.

I'm Not Buying What They're Selling: These Ads Are So Crazy It's Unbelievable.

Last edited:

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
It is not offensive in the least but the best in my opinion is the Imodium advert just because of the variety of faces, the women both clearly do not want to be there and the bloke looks like he is method acting too much...

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
I remember the Immodium commercial. A guy is in a hot-tub with some hotties and his buddy strolls by and says "How's the diarrhea?".

Most of these ads though just make me think "this is the history of the pharmaceutical industry". Makes ya think.

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think I remember the Imodium commercial too. It was funny so I'm thinking that was what they were going for. Got peoples attention. Drugs are a business and they are going to push them to the public.

Did anyone notice the Asthma cigarette ad. At the bottom of the ad it said it wasn't recommended for children under 6. I hope no one was letting a 6 year old smoke. Crazy.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I think I remember the Imodium commercial too. It was funny so I'm thinking that was what they were going for. Got peoples attention. Drugs are a business and they are going to push them to the public.

Did anyone notice the Asthma cigarette ad. At the bottom of the ad it said it wasn't recommended for children under 6. I hope no one was letting a 6 year old smoke. Crazy.
Glad I'm not the only one that remembers the Imodium ads. The beer ad for nursing moms is true although probably not pc. You probably know this too, a good stout beer helps moms produce milk.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Glad I'm not the only one that remembers the Imodium ads. The beer ad for nursing moms is true although probably not pc. You probably know this too, a good stout beer helps moms produce milk.
Hey, I found a baby pic of you on the web...

It all makes sense now. :D

- Cham

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
No I didn't know that. I wonder why. Still probably wouldn't be a good thing to do.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
No I didn't know that. I wonder why. Still probably wouldn't be a good thing to do.
oh, I thought every mom knew that. Wife had problems nursing one kid and it works great. Of course you have to like beer which was the biggest problem for her.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
oh, I thought every mom knew that. Wife had problems nursing one kid and it works great. Of course you have to like beer which was the biggest problem for her.
I never heard of it. Do you know what it is in alcohol that causes women to give more milk. Wonder if alcohol makes it into the milk?