Ink Pens

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Do you have a favorite kind of ink pen to use?

Kind of a broad question considering there are so many options out there; Ball point, fountain, gel, heavy flow, low flow, fine points, Blue, Black, etc etc.

Me personally I have a pen that I reserve for signing my name on anything. It pretty much is my favorite pen and I get pissed when other people use it. The pen is a "Pilot Precise V7" in blue;

So what kinds of pens do you prefer to use?

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
definitely, and I'm sure we've done this thread at one point or another but I feel very strongly about it.

Right now I love the Bic Pro+ retractable. It has a nice even inkflow, the ink is nice and dark, and it has a good grip. I don't like using any other kind of pen

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I love that particular pen in the OP, but i've given up buying them for work cause they always go walking and never come back.

My favourite pens are parker fountain pens. I have one similar to the picture below and i've had it for years.

I might have to find it and start using it again actually. I haven't used it in forever.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I absolutely love he Fisher Space Pen (You know, the one that can write upside down!?) Highest quality pen I have ever used. Extremely reliable (though I've never had the oppurtunity to use it, the fact that NASA sponsors it gives me a few hints.). They are remarkabely simple to use (hahahaha, a pen thats easy to use), or I should say easier to use. You do not have to press down nearly as hard to draw the ink.

I also love Porsche Pens. You may know that Porsche has a brand of retail stores, that deals in luxury items such as watches, pens, luggage, cigar cases, some clothing, etc. Well, my father went to Copley Place in Boston (A VERY high end mall with very luxurious retail stores), and bought a couple of very fine Porsche Pens.It is made of stainless steel and is self enclosed. Some very fine pens, (cost him a $130 each)

Attachments

Last edited:

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
My standards when it comes to pens are simply that it works. Anything else? I don't care about.

Unless, of course, you hand make the pen yourself for me. In which case I prefer to use that.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow! You must be very bored at work to think of a thread about ink pens lol.

Personally I don't care what type of pens I use, if it works fine than that's good enough for me.

I also prefer using pencils over pens.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
interesting topic.
i'm very picky when it comes to pens and papers i write on.
if i don't have the right pen my writing won't come out as beautiful as i want it to be.
i either use the type which Ice uses too[not exactly the same brand but exactly the same type] or this type

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
definitely, and I'm sure we've done this thread at one point or another but I feel very strongly about it.

Right now I love the Bic Pro+ retractable. It has a nice even inkflow, the ink is nice and dark, and it has a good grip. I don't like using any other kind of pen
I am the same way. I get flustered if my pen isnt where I left it and I'll go on an hour long witch hunt trying to find it before I'll just use another pen :hah: Its serious business! I didnt think to search for an ink pen thread.... good point. But meh, I'm to lazy at the moment to check hahahaha oh well.

Also reading the other replies I got to about right...................

I absolutely love he Fisher Space Pen
here and about died laughing because for some reason I read "Space" as "Price". Then the thought of Mag using a Fisher Price Pen was just to much to handle :rofl:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I wonder if there's any correlation between particularity (particularness?) about one's pen, and quality of handwriting.

:hmm: