Injury-depleted Saints sign Pro Bowl CB McAlister

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

We have a few Ravens fans here so I'm curious what they think about this, especially Franklin.

Injury-depleted Saints sign Pro Bowl CB McAlister - NFL News - FOX Sports on MSN

Personally I believe it's a great pick up by the Saints, I've always been a huge fan of McAlister, arguably one of my favorite corners to watch. If healthy I think he can do wonders with the Saints. Hopefully he'll be given a chance to play.

2. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

The quitter returns to the NFL, eh?

Be interested in seeing what he can do, if anything.

3. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Freeman will throw him a pick-6/T.A.I.N.T. in the first half of this week's game.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

You have to wonder what McCalister will show up, though. Is he working hard to get a new paycheck? Is he going to give up because of injury? Is he going to give up because he got some money?

He's not a consistent player anymore. He was a Pro Bowler for a while but gave up once he got his big payday from the Ravens. Ray Lewis even confronted him on it once. I think injuries and a huge ego have pretty much ended his Pro Bowl days.

But, I did like him as a shutdown corner the likes of Champ Bailey. I just don't think he has it anymore.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

During his prime McAlister was great, but I wouldn't go as far in saying that he was on the same level as Champ Bailey. Bailey is one of the greatest corners to play in the last thirty years or so. For a lot of years he was considered THE BEST, McAlister was never known as that.

6. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Actually, McCalister was on the same level as Bailey for several years. A poor attitude and injuries ruined his promising career.