• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

inheritance money

bniebur001

my grandmother passed away the other day and left me about thirteen thousand dollars. i believe the money is invested in different stocks and bond. It is also part of a student trust fund. I am not sure if it will be heavily taxed. I feel that it would be wise to leave it in the same account until i really want to use it that way it cannot be taxed as a large quantity under my name by the government. any advice? :confused:

Dekzper

Registered Member
I don't think anything under $250k would be taxed on an inheritance but don't quote me.
There are some stocks and bonds - like Tax Free Municipal Bonds - that aren't taxed.
One thing, If I were you I'd avoid gold and silver right now. A lot of it's as counterfeit as the certificates a lot of people are selling.

My best advice would be to check with a certified public accountant. We also have a member here who's a lawyer. That's CaptainObvious.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dDave Reading 2
dDave Reading 0
dDave Reading 11
dDave Reading 2
Corona Bathroom Wall 18