• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Inheritance Cycle Book 4

dDave

V.I.P.
After 3 years waiting for the last installment in this series this book is finally here. Back in 2002 Eragon was released, this has been a series that I have been following closely since discovering it. Now today 9 years later it's finally seeing it's completion, this is so exciting.

I'm going to be picking up my copy today in about an hour at Barnes & Noble.

Is anybody else excited for this final book? Or am I the only one at GF that reads this?

NOTE - Please do not post any spoilers in this thread.

Sephiroth_Masamune

l 7SIN Sasori l
I also own all 4 novels. I actually just finished reading my Inheritance last night. I must say though, I'm not happy. Not happy at all...

dDave

V.I.P.
Note******

I think that it's been long enough. SPOILERS are now open to this thread, I just wanted to make sure that the book wasn't ruined for people in the first few days.

Oh I know, I was talking about that in another thread.

The end was not what I wanted it to be at all. I really wanted for Eragon to end up with Arya. I did in fact predict that Firnen would end up being Arya's dragon, I knew that from the moment I knew that Arya had green eyes and there was a green dragon egg.

The book was extremely well written but the ending was just simply not there, it put me into almost a depressive state for a day or so.

In the end though we all know that Paolini will be coming back to Alagaesia in his next book (whatever that book may be). I think that his best bet is to tell the story of Brom, Vrael, Oromis, Morzan, the Forsworn, and Galbatorix, and the story that they all shared. He could definitely do a series of books that take place before the events in Eragon, I would absolutely love that. He could also tell the story of rebuilding the riders but I'd prefer a prequel series.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Money & Investing 2
dDave Reading 0
dDave Reading 11
dDave Reading 2
Corona Bathroom Wall 18