• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Inept Obama admin concedes US border to Mexican outlaws

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The drug lord comment was hyperbole.

I do agree that the politically correct thing is impeding progress on border security but in all honesty, I don't see what Hispanic vote Obama would lose.

FYI, I didn't blame Katrina on Bush, I'm not sure how you got that out of my post. SS was inferring that by failing to act, Obama was conceding the border. Well, Bush failed to act before and after Katrina, so we may as well say Bush conceded to mother nature. It did after all, take them five days just to get water to them.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I do, there are many Hispanics who would cry racism if we did secure the border. The Minute Men got all kinds of crap and threats just for trying to help out (I'm not advocating on behalf of the Minute Men, mind you but I did see how much criticism they got). Arizona can't even pass a law that is almost verbatim with already existing federal law without being called racists and having the Mexican President address Congress about it. It would be political suicide most likely.

I didn't say you did but he does get a lot of criticism for it while ignoring the fact that he declared it a disaster area 3 days before the storm even hit. Most of the blame should go to Gov. Blanco and Mayor Nagin.

Wade8813

Registered Member
The problem as I see it isn't necessarily with the troops - obviously, the National Guard is pretty busy. But it's the lack of ANY other attempt at a solution, and the ACTIVE opposition of Arizona's attempt to do anything.

Arizona created a law that seems legit. The Mexican president criticized it despite having a stricter one himself. Obama filed a lawsuit to overturn the law, and in fact has gone to the UN Human Rights Counsel about that law

ARIZONA FIGHTS BACK OVER UN HUMAN RIGHTS REPORT

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
@ Cons: I don't blame Obama for the problem, I blame him and his administration for their response to the ongoing and escalating problem. Those idiots are more concerned with interfering with and persecuting those that are trying to do something about it than taking any action to put a stop to it. Putting up signs warning citizens that it is unsafe is a ridiculous response. Taking Arizona to court, bragging about doing so to the UN, prosecuting local law enforcement for doing their job, not responding with enough force to secure the border and provide security to the citizens of Arizona is shameful and they should be embarassed.

It is not just their failure to act, but their refusal to act. This and their other actions to interfere with those who will act to protect their citizens and provide the most basic of government functions: to insure and provide for the security of the citizens.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Just so we can clear this up, can you link me to some evidence that the Obama Administration has clearly stated they have no intentions to work on this problem? You seem quite convinced of this "refusal to act" whereas I'm quite convinced it's nothing more than your very influenced opinion. Also, let's not get into the "security" discussion because this country always takes two steps towards 1984 with every baby step they take towards "security".

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Last edited:

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It's funny because I saw those links already and amusingly enough there's just nothing in either link that says "Obama and his Administration have refused to do anything about the border problem". It's funny you should mention Google because that's exactly what I did before I made my last post and it's why I knew you wouldn't be able to give me a decent link because it's made up. You can believe Obama has stated a refusal somewhere and that's fine, I'm not against people dreaming, but you can't just toss it around like fact when it's not.

That's for pundits, not the everyday thinkin' men like you and I, right?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
There's a couple for you. If you really care you could google it yourself.

CBS News Mobile: Story

This is interesting as it compares Bush admin inadequate response to Obama admin scaled back version.

The Obama admins actions (more accurately: lack of actions) speak louder than their rhetoric.
------
Arizona Dems contest Obama's assertions on border security - TheHill.com
------
Immigration: Troops Arrive at Arizona - Mexico Border in Obama Border Security Push: Will It Deter Illegal Immigration? - ABC News

Remember this one we're sending troops! How many? Well, um over 500! Really, when? August! Great 500+ troops in august, right? Well, we'll start with 30, then send a few more each week! Isn't that awesome! In the meantime just call 911 should some drug runners run you off the highway, k? Or better yet, just don't go over there cuz we can't be responsible for public safety, the illegals have control of that area.

Last edited: