Indy/Overseas Wrestling

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by wooly, Dec 30, 2009.

1. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I read this in the 'How Bout That?' thread and it got me thinking...

I remember mentioning when ROH got a TV deal, if they got popular enough maybe they deserved their own forum alongside TNA & WWE, but i realise there isn't enough interest in ROh to warrant it having it's own forum.

But then i thought, it might be nice to have a forum for all Indy/Overseas wrestling. This would cover American Indy promotions like ROH and CHIKARA, Mexican promotions like AAA and Japanese promotions like NJPW, NOAH and Dragon Gate.

I think it'd be great for people not only interested in alternative wrestling promotions, but also for people to learn about indy/overseas promotions. We could post classic matches over the past few years, great recent matches, discuss performers from the different promotions.... The best wrestling in the world is definitely to be found in indy/overseas promotions and with the wrestling section being such a success lately, it'd be cool to have one place where we could post about all these different promotions. I could definitely see it being at least as busy as the TNA forum.

2. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

I don't see it busy at all if it ever does get it's own section.

I am interested no doubt, but not enough to constantly post in that section.

ROH I know quite a bit about, and have read my fair share on the subject.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think this could help the forums a lot. Let me talk to Hybrix and see what I can do. It's obvious that not many of us know about Indy wrestling, only a select few. This would be a good way to learn, and I can maybe recruit a few members that have a lot of knowledge to those type of promotions.

Give me a bit of time though since Hybrix isn't all that active anymore due to personal reasons.

4. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Can't wait, if this ever gets up and running.

So here's me looking forward to some good wholesome indie/overseas wrestling.

5. Anthony1975

Anthony1975 Registered Member

In the meantime it would be an idea to just post in this thread and if the Forum gets the green light the posts can be moved there.