Individual or Combined selling?

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by mamab, Nov 15, 2006.

1. mamab

mamab Registered Member

Which is better? If you have several "like" items that you want to sell, is it better to sell them individually or combined in lots? I've seen it done both ways, but would like to hear others' opinions. Thanks for your input. :)

2. Penguin

Penguin Registered Member

I really think that would depend on the item. If it's something of which people are likely to need/want more than one, a lot would be better; whereas something of which most people need only one would be better sold individually.

3. mamab

mamab Registered Member

Thanks for clearing that up for me, Penguin. ;) :lol: I'm thinking of selling some Star Trek: the Next Generation toys. Would it be better to sell them as a lot, or try to sell them individually? I really want them out of my way. I know a few of them are more valuable than the others, so those I would obviously try to sell by themselves, but some were a dime-a-dozen to begin with.

4. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

I would do a little research and see what those items are selling for on eBay and if they are selling as individual items or in lots. That can be a determining factor into how you should sell them. Just a thought.

5. mamab

mamab Registered Member

I did do some checking yesterday, and they're being sold both ways. So, I guess it all depends on how badly I want to get them out of my storage area. :rolleyes: I haven't decided, yet, if I'm actually going to sell them or not. I also have some of the bubble gum cards (whole sets from the original Star Wars movie) and some stickers that came in Wonder bread, I think. Surely not that many people actually kept the stickers.