Movies Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull thoughts?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Vincent_Valentine, May 22, 2008.

1. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

So I just got back from seeing this movie...I honestly think it may be my new least favorite movie of all time. It has honestly made me hate George Lucas, a man I used to love. I won't go into specifics, but the short of it is that if I could go back, I would avoid this movie for the rest of my life...

Anyone else have any thoughts?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Wow, how did you hate it that much? I thought it was a great addition to the series with an awesome mix of nostalgia and new.

3. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Don't be going into plots, I'm going to watch it tomorrow since I'm taking off and I know I won't be able to stay away from this thread.

4. garret

garret SEMPER PI Bitch! Always P

I honestly thought that it was a great movie. I thought they did a good job picking out a sub character (Shia LaBeouf)

5. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

It's not because Harrison Ford can't do as much when he was 40, was it?

6. Vincent_Valentine

Not really. The acting was fine, and Harrison Ford was still Indy. There was the fact that Shia did alot of the action sequences since Harrison is getting older, but that wasn't my issue. I just hated the story. It was so God-retarded in my mind that I couldn't bare it.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

You think it's any less believable than the ark of the covenant? Or the holy grail? Or witch doctors that can pull your heart out?

8. Vincent_Valentine

It's not the believability that annoys me. It's the fact that they went completely over the top with the whole movie it seemed. I loved the earlier Indiana Jones movies because for most of the movie, it seemed like a regular guy trying to find something. In the new one, they wanted to make it more action packed which ended up ruining the Indiana Jones feel for me.

9. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

You know, I was watching Raiders the other day, and it hit me - how in the hell did Indy know to close his eyes when those spirits or whatever came out of the ark, and futhermore how did not looking at them help? it was farkin ridiculous.

I probably wouldn't have seen the new one anyway; now i won't for sure.

Vegito728 likes this.
  10. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I think because the only person whose eyes were to look on the covenant was god or a prophet? I think there was a reasoning behind it.