Inconspicuous?

Conspicuousness vs. Inconspicuousness:
Which do you try to maintain?

Being Conspicuous, in which you seek out attention, perhaps by generally being dressed in loud colours, or generally being a person who insists on getting involved in everything. Or most things. That sort of thing.

Or

Inconspicuous, in which you remain a little muted on things, you try to remain as unobtrusive and unnoticable as is possible or feasible.

Do you have a middle ground, in which your behaviour in regards to this changes from one to the other depending on the situation. Or are you like one of these 24/7? -

If you have the middle ground, in what sort of situation do you reckon your conspicuous side rears up, and your inconspicuous side. If that's the case. -- If that made sense, then well, please comment. Thanks :)

Hiei

The Hierophant
I take the middle ground. I wouldn't say that I'm an in your business kind of person, but I'm not a wall flower by any stretch of the means. I don't know if I could even pick out any particular situation where I'd need to be either or of the two. I generally just go by the philosophy of "Don't act suspicious and you won't be suspicious."

I mean, if I have some sort of an issue with anything, I'll make it known that I have an issue with it. but if I don't have any issues, everything generally runs like a well oiled machine, in my life.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'm middle ground. I'm fairly conspicuous here, I think, and that's because I'm pretty comfortable here. I guess that is the deciding factor for me - if I'm comfortable in my surroundings, you know that I'm there.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't think about it. I just life my life as I would any other day. Sometimes I will stand out and other times I will blend in. It really varies from day to day and situation to situation.

Zappa

Registered Member
Not something that I think about, but I would assume I'm relatively conspicuous because I'm tall. I certainly don't have any reason to attract attention on purpose.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I think i'm pretty inconspicuous. It's not that I try to be that way, it just happens that way. Although, I guess occasionally I will be more middle ground.

MiloIsYum

Registered Member
Conspicuousness vs. Inconspicuousness:
Which do you try to maintain?

Being Conspicuous, in which you seek out attention, perhaps by generally being dressed in loud colours, or generally being a person who insists on getting involved in everything. Or most things. That sort of thing.

Or

Inconspicuous, in which you remain a little muted on things, you try to remain as unobtrusive and unnoticable as is possible or feasible.

Do you have a middle ground, in which your behaviour in regards to this changes from one to the other depending on the situation. Or are you like one of these 24/7? -

If you have the middle ground, in what sort of situation do you reckon your conspicuous side rears up, and your inconspicuous side. If that's the case. -- If that made sense, then well, please comment. Thanks :)
I'm inconspicuous when it's appropriate - don't get involved in things where your oppinion doesn't matter.

When I'm comfortable, I guess I would say I'm pretty conspicuous, by your definition. I don't 'seek' out attention, but I guess my way of doing things, and just generally who I am as a person would suggest otherwise. I love making people laugh, so I will do or say anything to do that, and I guess to do that you have to be a pretty conspicuous person. The way I see it anyway.

Arathald

Registered Member
I try to be noticeable but inconspicuous. What this means to me is that I don't actively try to draw attention to myself, but there are times where I don't mind being noticed. For example, when I pick out my clothes in the morning (or the night before) and when I do my grooming, I always make sure that I look my best. I don't mind getting compliments on things like my clothes or my hair, in fact, I love them, but I don't really go out of my way to make them something that people *have to* take notice of.

I apply the same philosophy to my work. I don't go shouting my accomplishments from the rooftops, I let my work speak for itself. And, when it is noticed, that's an extra perk instead of the end goal of my work.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm both. Actually sometimes I have a way of looking conspicuous despite my inconspicuous attempt (...and vice versa, lol). Mostly I'd start lurking though until I get myself comfortable and see what happens next. My extrovert personality naturally draws me towards the other end of the spectrum.