• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Inconspicuous?

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Conspicuousness vs. Inconspicuousness:
Which do you try to maintain?

Being Conspicuous, in which you seek out attention, perhaps by generally being dressed in loud colours, or generally being a person who insists on getting involved in everything. Or most things. That sort of thing.

Or

Inconspicuous, in which you remain a little muted on things, you try to remain as unobtrusive and unnoticable as is possible or feasible.

Do you have a middle ground, in which your behaviour in regards to this changes from one to the other depending on the situation. Or are you like one of these 24/7? -

If you have the middle ground, in what sort of situation do you reckon your conspicuous side rears up, and your inconspicuous side. If that's the case. -- If that made sense, then well, please comment. Thanks :)

Hiei

The Hierophant
I take the middle ground. I wouldn't say that I'm an in your business kind of person, but I'm not a wall flower by any stretch of the means. I don't know if I could even pick out any particular situation where I'd need to be either or of the two. I generally just go by the philosophy of "Don't act suspicious and you won't be suspicious."

I mean, if I have some sort of an issue with anything, I'll make it known that I have an issue with it. but if I don't have any issues, everything generally runs like a well oiled machine, in my life.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'm middle ground. I'm fairly conspicuous here, I think, and that's because I'm pretty comfortable here. I guess that is the deciding factor for me - if I'm comfortable in my surroundings, you know that I'm there.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I don't think about it. I just life my life as I would any other day. Sometimes I will stand out and other times I will blend in. It really varies from day to day and situation to situation.

Zappa

Registered Member
Not something that I think about, but I would assume I'm relatively conspicuous because I'm tall. I certainly don't have any reason to attract attention on purpose.

Impact

V.I.P.
I think i'm pretty inconspicuous. It's not that I try to be that way, it just happens that way. Although, I guess occasionally I will be more middle ground.

MiloIsYum

Registered Member
Conspicuousness vs. Inconspicuousness:
Which do you try to maintain?

Being Conspicuous, in which you seek out attention, perhaps by generally being dressed in loud colours, or generally being a person who insists on getting involved in everything. Or most things. That sort of thing.

Or

Inconspicuous, in which you remain a little muted on things, you try to remain as unobtrusive and unnoticable as is possible or feasible.

Do you have a middle ground, in which your behaviour in regards to this changes from one to the other depending on the situation. Or are you like one of these 24/7? -

If you have the middle ground, in what sort of situation do you reckon your conspicuous side rears up, and your inconspicuous side. If that's the case. -- If that made sense, then well, please comment. Thanks :)
I'm inconspicuous when it's appropriate - don't get involved in things where your oppinion doesn't matter.

When I'm comfortable, I guess I would say I'm pretty conspicuous, by your definition. I don't 'seek' out attention, but I guess my way of doing things, and just generally who I am as a person would suggest otherwise. I love making people laugh, so I will do or say anything to do that, and I guess to do that you have to be a pretty conspicuous person. The way I see it anyway.

Arathald

Registered Member
I try to be noticeable but inconspicuous. What this means to me is that I don't actively try to draw attention to myself, but there are times where I don't mind being noticed. For example, when I pick out my clothes in the morning (or the night before) and when I do my grooming, I always make sure that I look my best. I don't mind getting compliments on things like my clothes or my hair, in fact, I love them, but I don't really go out of my way to make them something that people *have to* take notice of.

I apply the same philosophy to my work. I don't go shouting my accomplishments from the rooftops, I let my work speak for itself. And, when it is noticed, that's an extra perk instead of the end goal of my work.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I'm both. Actually sometimes I have a way of looking conspicuous despite my inconspicuous attempt (...and vice versa, lol). Mostly I'd start lurking though until I get myself comfortable and see what happens next. My extrovert personality naturally draws me towards the other end of the spectrum.