• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Incompetent Tucson Sheriff Dipshit blames Limbaugh

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
The incompetent Tucson sheriff Dupnik joins the political blame game when he should look no further than the nearest mirror:

Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol - ABC News

This political hack has the nerve to blame others? Please tell me whose job is it to keep the peace in his jurisdiction? Why is this jackass all over my television and news sites blaming others when it is his job to make sure shit like this doesn't happen? Is he trying to create a defense for the shooter? This FOOL is truly disgusting!

Better to keep your mouth shut and let them think you are a idiot then to open it and remove all doubt!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'd keep this part of the article in mind.

"I don't have a problem with heated arguments," he said. "As a matter of fact you are kind of getting a little heat out of me now, and it is because I am very angry at what has transpired."

"Not because it's Tucson, Arizona, but because of two beautiful people -- one almost dead and one assassinated -- that were personal friends of mine," he said, speaking of Giffords and U.S. District Judge John Roll, "and outstanding individuals and public servants."
He was interviewed because it was his jurisdiction. They were friends of his, and he's mad about it. If he thinks that the lack of polite discourse is part of the overall problem, it's his opinion. I don't see how that could create a defense for the shooter in any way. He's not excusing what Laughner did. He also talks about the kid's description and family life in the article, he just mentions Limbaugh once at the beginning.

There's a difference between saying "This is the fault of shock jocks and pundits completely" and
"The vitriol affects the [unstable] personality that we are talking about," he said. "You can say, 'Oh no, it doesn't,' but my opinion is that it does."

haha, and on a side note, it's the typical modern media using the phrase "Blasts" (sometimes they'll use slams, too! Such variety.) in the headline, and make the headline about Rush Limbaugh, when in reality the focus is mostly on the crime itself and on ideas of civil discourse.

Just my two cents on it.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
What Unity said. Also, I'd have to believe that a man of the law, especially such a veteran, may have a bit more insight than you and I about what drives a nut like this guy.

Also, why are the rest of us mocked for our thread titles yet this is okay?

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
The incompetent Tucson sheriff Dupnik joins the political blame game when he should look no further than the nearest mirror:

Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing 'Irresponsible' Vitriol - ABC News

This political hack has the nerve to blame others? Please tell me whose job is it to keep the peace in his jurisdiction? Why is this jackass all over my television and news sites blaming others when it is his job to make sure shit like this doesn't happen? Is he trying to create a defense for the shooter? This FOOL is truly disgusting!

Better to keep your mouth shut and let them think you are a idiot then to open it and remove all doubt!
I mean I may be way off base here... but why not blame the nutjob that shot everyone. Again, this is just some crazy idea :-/

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
@ Unity: For me it is not just the article linked, but all the partisan comments I have heard from this guy who, in my opinion, is just another democrat hack using this tragedy to play politics.

Here is another link: YouTube - Megyn Kelly Asks Pima Co. Sheriff Why Are You Politicizing This Tragedy

@ Cons: It is not "the rest of us" that receives my mocking, it is you as your default tactic seems to be to mock and insult, as has been pointed out on many occasions. As you give, so shall you receive.

@ Pro: I agree. IMO, this guy is yet another political opportunist that is using this tragedy to smear Limbaugh and others with whom he does not agree. I also think he has gone well beyond the bounds of professionalism and said more than he should about this case and his personal opinions.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I agree that the sheriff is a bumbling idiot and said so in another thread last night. His job is not to point fingers, it's not to assess blame ESPECIALLY without evidence. His job in this instance is to gather evidence to prosecute those responsible. Not to comment on the evidence. In his apparent lack of understanding of how things work he may actually be helping the shooter, creating reasonable doubt in the minds of the potential jury panel.

In my opinion, he should be stripped of all his responsibilities. He is engaging in conduct unbecoming of a sheriff.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I agree that he should be focusing more on work than on venting his opinions, but I give the guy a little leeway because the people that were shot were friends and that it's a tragedy that's happening in his district.

I think that calling him a dipshit or saying that he shouldn't be a sherriff for that is just a little extreme. He cited Rush Limbaugh as one example, but also talked about the political environment needing to be better in general and how he thought Congress should address that and come up with ideas.

While I don't think that the political environment and hateful/over exaggerated speech by pundits and radio hosts is to blame for what happened (the kid and even his parents have been shown to be unbalanced, it's very likely that in a friendly political environment he still would have come out with the same weird ideas and violent intentions), I still think that the tragedy creates an opportunity for us to stop dehumanizing each other, calling names, and questioning each others' integrity when talking about the issues that matter.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I agree that he should be focusing more on work than on venting his opinions, but I give the guy a little leeway because the people that were shot were friends and that it's a tragedy that's happening in his district.

I think that calling him a dipshit or saying that he shouldn't be a sherriff for that is just a little extreme. He cited Rush Limbaugh as one example, but also talked about the political environment needing to be better in general and how he thought Congress should address that and come up with ideas.

While I don't think that the political environment and hateful/over exaggerated speech by pundits and radio hosts is to blame for what happened (the kid and even his parents have been shown to be unbalanced, it's very likely that in a friendly political environment he still would have come out with the same weird ideas and violent intentions), I still think that the tragedy creates an opportunity for us to stop dehumanizing each other, calling names, and questioning each others' integrity when talking about the issues that matter.
Saying he should be stripped of his duties is not extreme at all nor is it dehumanizing anyone. He has a job. His job was to protect the citizens of his county, which one could argue he failed to do, and to gather evidence to support a conviction for this crime. His job is not to go on wild accusations. His job is not to blame people when there is no evidence of it. Him doing this could jeapardize the conviction of the shooter. If these people were friends of his he should recuse himself from the investigaton and stop commenting on it.

With all due respect, Unity, it seems you are condemning those who seem to be using certain language, ie condeming people like this sheriff for using certain language, while condoning the divisive language used by the sheriff. His reaction to this tragedy has been FAR from sane and he has failed in his duty as a sheriff. And his actions should be condemned as such. That doesn't mean anyone is seeking to advance their political agenda.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Saying he should be stripped of his duties is not extreme at all nor is it dehumanizing anyone. He has a job. His job was to protect the citizens of his county, which one could argue he failed to do, and to gather evidence to support a conviction for this crime. His job is not to go on wild accusations. His job is not to blame people when there is no evidence of it. Him doing this could jeapardize the conviction of the shooter. If these people were friends of his he should recuse himself from the investigaton and stop commenting on it.

With all due respect, Unity, it seems you are condemning those who seem to be using certain language, ie condeming people like this sheriff for using certain language, while condoning the divisive language used by the sheriff. His reaction to this tragedy has been FAR from sane and he has failed in his duty as a sheriff. And his actions should be condemned as such. That doesn't mean anyone is seeking to advance their political agenda.
My "dehumanizing" comment was more aimed at people in general, not at your comment. It was about dialogue in general, not about your comments in any way. It was at people of all points of view that act that way when conversing about politics, including a lot of people around here.

I understand where you're coming from on your second paragraph. I guess I lean towards condoning his point of view because it doesn't stand out to me and it's easily forgettable. The head of the Tea Party is in a clip I recently posted saying that the kid was clearly a leftistI'm assuming he's focusing on his job and the comment about punditry was just one of his initial reactions. You have to remember that everyone is still processing all of this since it just happened the other day. Should he have said that? Probably not. It's probably not in good taste. Does one comment mean he's stopped investigations? I doubt it. If he would have started investigating radio hosts instead of the shooter I'd be worried.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I mean I may be way off base here... but why not blame the nutjob that shot everyone. Again, this is just some crazy idea :-/

I agree, I mean since when did it become Standard Operating Procedure to Kill someone, claim insanity, Point fingers at the media, and then get Pity from everyone.

Fuck that. Loughner Pulled the trigger, he should be punished. Simple as that. It wasnt any individual from the Right Political Spectrum or any individual from teh Left Political Spectrum... it was one man that Woke up one morning with the decision to End another humans life and he acted on that decision.

Instead of punishing him for his actions, we're blame passing and scare mongering. "Where is the next shooting going to be and who's fault is it gonna be that time". I'd bet Loughner watched Sesame street as a child, as did Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold! Maybe theres a connection, Sesame Street teaches individuals at a young age to be militant Kill off innocents that refuse to recognize the Elmo Song.

What ever happened to being held accountable for your actions. For every action theres an equal and opposite reaction. Loughner commited the worst act he can against another human being and yet he's not even news. Rush Limbaugh is....

Serious Question: Is the problem that Society doesnt want to believe one of its own could do this? So the only solution is to blame the media elite?

or is this even worse... Society just doesnt give a rats ass and instead its the Political Parties see this as a golden opportunity, a moment to crush Opposition rather than Mourn the Dead and punish the Guilty? A chance to pass blame and dirty the reputation of their competitors solely on the color of their Party.

What happened to humanity? Isnt this the exact thing that destroyed Rome? The Reds and the Blues wreaking havoc amongst eachother until it spilled over, destroyed society and wrote history as we know it?