• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Incest

Should consensual incest between adults be illegal?

• Total voters

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What are your thoughts on incest, and more specifically, incest laws?

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I see incest as weird and bizarre, and harmful if you look down the family tree. But I don't think the Gov't has the right to say who can't sleep with who. Its the same as the gay marriage argument.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I see incest as weird and bizarre, and harmful if you look down the family tree. But I don't think the Gov't has the right to say who can't sleep with who. Its the same as the gay marriage argument.
I don't see it the same as gay marriage rights at all. You said it yourself, incest is harmful. Gay marriage isn't. It's illegal because of what damages can come from it. I think the government has all the right to say that you can't sleep with your daughter or brother. That is just gross.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Incest is disgusting but this personal view doesn't matter as much as the fact that the offspring has many chances to have mental or physical disabilities.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
Perhaps I should correct myself, Incest CAN be harmful. It really comes down to gene pools and how long incest goes on. sure, if you bang your cousin once, their won't be any consequences. but if its a trend that goes on for generations, then problems come up. Look at the Victorian family tree.

Incest

As you can see, the Victorian family tree had a good bit of incest towards the bottom. What they couldn't have predicted was that Hemophilia, a hidden trait of the Queen Victoria, couldn't be bred out of the gene pool because of it.

I don't think the Gov't has the right to interfere with our rights (which includes fucking who you want), so incest should be legal.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I don't agree with the gay marriage argument you have there. As Curious said incest is harmful and a social taboo, where as gay marriage doesn't hurt anyone.

I think incest will alway have a social stigma, but with very good reasons. It's wrong and there can be physical and mental risks to the children of incest relationships.

konboye

Registered Member
Well, it shouldn't even be discussed or debated, incest is INCEST. Gay marriage is a very different, because you can't categorize it as a taboo or something sinister.

Wade8813

Registered Member
If the incest results in a kid, then yeah - there's a problem.

I'm not sure if there's a problem if there's no kid.

But since contraceptives aren't foolproof...

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I have to agree with Mag here because the whole "IT'S HARMFUL" only applies if there is a kid. No kid, no harm done. Once a kid is involved, it's a different matter.

If you really want to go down the "harmful" route with no kid involved, however, then you could also claim that gay marriage and gay sex is harmful because no child results from it, thus the future of the human race is put at risk. You can also claim loads of other things are harmful for us, and as such should be illegal. Cigarettes, alcohol, painkillers, vehicles, and so on.

fractal

Eye see what you did ther
There's no problem if people use contraceptives. Even if they have a child, there is no problem in the short term. We're not talking about generations of incest.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hilander Breaking News 8
T Bathroom Wall 12
Iris Religion & Philosophy 28