Inauguration Day Today, Jan 20th

Will/Did you watch the inauguration of 44th US President Obama?

• Total voters

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you plan to watch the inauguration of 44th US President Obama? What do you expect from it? What does it mean to you?

Feel free to add additional thoughts as well.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have no clue when it is on to be honest. All I know is that it happens tomorrow sometime. I assume morning-ish?

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
It means that I will not be going anyplace today to avoid massive traffic back-ups. I will go down the street and that's about it. I won't be watching it though. I'll be too aggravated at the sirens blaring down my street.

yeah hes our new president but i dont really watch the news or know whats going on in the world .... ill rather sit back in peace not worrying about the good or bad ! but who know whats going to happen ?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Do you plan to watch the inauguration of 44th US President Obama? What do you expect from it? What does it mean to you?

Feel free to add additional thoughts as well.
Well since you said that. I was just thinking. I have seen most of the inaugurations over the past 20 years and I've noticed a trend over the last few. In 2000 and 2004, there were massive protest from the left. I think in 2004 there were more than 10,000 people protesting. This inauguration, I've seen nothing.

It says something about the 2 parties and honestly, not what you think I'd say. A part of me admires the far left. They fancy themselves as warriors in a fight and they will not be detered even by what's popular.

The other part of me just thinks they're nut cases on psychological drugs. I mean here's a group that will be protesting Bush during the Obama inauguration: ‘Arrest Bush 2009′ plans Inauguration Day protest That's pretty fruity.

Last edited:
My buddy has family in DC and he actually drove there a few days ago so he could go to the inauguration. He asked me if I wanted to go, and I considered it for a bit. My initial hesitation came from the fact that I am really apathetic when it comes to politics, so I don't really support Obama enough to miss a day of classes. Upon further review, I decided not to go because whenever I am around large groups of very political people, I get a horrible headache. My room mate tricked me into going to an Obama rally because he just told me there was a free concert. I absolutely hated it because of all the political shit that was being spouted, and I honestly couldn't see the inauguration being any better.

As for watching it on TV, it depends on when it is. If it's during a time that I don't have class, I may turn it on. I'm not going to go out of my way to watch it, though.