• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

In Your Darkest Hours

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Would you let yourself down after years of saying "I'd do this" or "I'd do that"?

Here I find myself in a very bad situation.... Very bad.... one that could land me bed & board in a state funded concrete & steel apartment for a couple years (jail). However I'm not...(trying my damdest) to not do what I swore I would in this type of situation.

Have you ever had the opportunity you swore you'd use in a violent way if it ever happened to you? I know call me weird but I'm doing my damdest here to vent without 'causing problems in my RL. But imagine this, you've seen the crappy neighbors or whomever and they are beating up on their wives or whatever their screwed situation is. And you cant help but think, "holy hell if that were me in the situation I'd (insert drastic measure here)."

One for me has always been, if someone ever harmed my family or friends. Well today I got a call... a call saying my sisters Ex Boyfriend just put her in the hospital. And I cant help but go back to those thoughts of; if someone ever laid a malicious hand on her I'd bury 'em. Well now thats a reality... and I cant help but wonder if I'm letting myself down by not acting on that. Trust me I want to... I want nothing more than to find that little puke and politely ask him why :rolleyes:.

So now in reality, I'm sitting here fuming, my blood pressure is through the roof I wanna throttle something.... but I cant touch this kid because he's under 18 and boy oh boy that would complicate my life to be found in an altercation with a minor. So I'm doing the rational thing by just trying to take the hit and help my sister bounce back from this horrendous occasion. But am I letting myself down? Letting her down? Or how about him?

Am I letting him down by allowing him to get away with this kind of action? Because what happens to the next girl that he gets ahold of and beats because he thinks he got away with this one? And yes the police have been contacted...but this waste of skin has already been through the system, he's not afraid of it or what it does. He's the kind of lowlife that only learns from an eye for an eye type situations... if he's even lucky enough to learn that way. Meh....

Thoughts?

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
For all the people that think guns dont solve anything...

A gun in this situation would have solved two problems.

We'd have one less ass bag on the street
2. Goats sister would not be in the hospital.

But instead we have a justice system that'll prolly just give this kid a slap on the wrist. If this happened to me, that kid would have 8 holes in him.

Sorry for going off on a tangent here, but those are my thoughts.

Last edited:

Wade8813

Registered Member
I've always wondered about situations like that. My first instinct would be to destroy that guy. But then I think about how it'd make you feel better for a little bit, but wouldn't really help your sister, and it would probably make her upset for you to be in jail (plus the rest of your family too).

raye_raye

my bologna has a 1st name
Yikes...

Really difficult situation. I don't know what I would do. Do you know the bloke? Personally?

Did your sis and he date?

Could you kinda kick his ass and not get in trouble? Here in the south, you see people who get mysteriously fd up and no one is ever the wiser.

Wade8813

Registered Member
For all the people that think guns dont solve anything...

A gun in this situation would have solved two problems.

We'd have one less ass bag on the street
2. Goats sister would not be in the hospital.

But instead we have a justice system that'll prolly just give this kid a slap on the wrist. If this happened to me, that kid would have 8 holes in him.

Sorry for going off on a tangent here, but those are my thoughts.
Your plan isn't quite as foolproof as you might think. Unlike you, not everyone wants to carry around a gun 24/7, so even if she had a gun, she wouldn't necessarily carry it if she's just hanging with her boyfriend. And even if she does, it's not always guaranteed that you'll be able to stop them. From what I heard from my Army combatives training, you can get someone from 20+ feet away before they can pull their gun out and get a good shot off (assuming a slightly above average shooter).

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Yikes...

Really difficult situation. I don't know what I would do. Do you know the bloke? Personally?
No... I dont run with the kinda crowd she does.

Did your sis and he date?
yes they did for a while I think. And just recently they broke up and she moved out. They broke up because of his attitude, violence and what not. So with this happening... lord knows what else he's done.

Could you kinda kick his ass
12 years of ice hockey experience... I'm healthy and in shape... I'm very confident in my abilities to dispatch him.

and not get in trouble?
and this is the reason I'm staying at work rather than hunting him down....

Here in the south, you see people who get mysteriously fd up and no one is ever the wiser.
trust me I wish for nothing more than that here... but Cali sucks.

------

ps just got a phone call from my dad. She'll be alright for anyone that cared. She's just gonna be busted up a little but nothings damaged beyond repair. She's just a little concust, which is a huge relief.

Last edited:

wolfheart

Registered Member
Sorry to hear something like that has happened to your sister ice, it is never an easy thing to deal with.

As for getting some kind of justice for your sister, I know how you feel mate, I have been at the very point you are now.
I have always said that if someone hurts a member of my family I would do the same to them, and have on a couple of occasions.

The urge to want to put some kind of hurt of this little shit is natural, but as you have pointed out he is a minor and that would cause a whole lot of trouble for you, my advice is be there for your sister, help her get over this and hopefully the law will be able do something, the last thing your sister needs is the stress of knowing you have done something and may face charges yourself.

You are a decent guy and it is only right that you would want to put some pain to this guy, but the consequences of an action like that could cause you and your family more pain.

You really need to think about what could happen, from what I know of you, you are not a violent guy.
He will more than likely run straight to the cops if you touch him, guys like that often dont have the guts to take what they dish out.

I have been there and have a record because I let my fists go on a guy, once its there it is there for good my friend.

You have not let yourself down mate, being there for your sister is the best place you could be, you cannot help her get over this if you are inside yourself.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think Wolfheart hit it on the nail. Like I mentioned to you on AIM, you don't want to do anything foolish that will probably make you regret it after you've done the act.

I know your mad right now, and you want to beat this little shit, trust me it makes me mad just reading what you just posted. But him being a minor will bring a lot of bad charges against you, and it's probably not something you need in your life right now.

Hang in there. Hopefully your sister will be able to charge this asshole.