• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

In a Zombie Outbreak, Head for the Rockies

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
In the event of a zombie outbreak, the best way to avoid getting infected is to stay away from populated areas, according to a new study. In fact, research suggests the remote and pristine Rocky Mountains may be the ultimate hiding place to avoid becoming the "walking dead."

In a Zombie Outbreak, Head for the Rocky Mountains
This is just common sense, the less people you are around the less chance you have of being infected in any kind of outbreak. In cities there will be more to worry about than just the disease, thugs, robbers, etc, everyone will be so desperate to survive it could create mayhem. So yes you will be much safer in an area with not too many people.

Where I live I feel I would be pretty safe unless people from the cities started moving in. In that case I doubt I would be much better off than I would be in a more populated area. The same might hold true for the Rockies but probably not to the same degree because the northern Rockies aren't surrounded by highly populated areas.

How about you?

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
In a zombie outbreak the 2nd last place you wanna go is where you read on the Internet you should go in the event of a zombie outbreak. There'll be too many other people with the same idea. I would go somewhere isolated where nobody would ever think to go and I would keep it to myself. Mind you, I might just decide to make myself some really really good bite-proof zombie armor then I could hang out in zombie infested areas without having to worry. I might even try the Walking Dead idea of smearing the outfit with zombie guts so they think I am one of them, and I'd have ">NOT A ZOMBIE<" painted big on the front so I didn't get shot by anyone trying to escape the hordes (since zombies can't read). :D

- Cham

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
In the case of a zombie outbreak, I really want to be right where I am, in South Africa, in my gated community behind my burglar bars on a second floor unit. There's no way I'm in any danger, except for food runs. Our lives here behind bars and walls and fences, will be the best possible place for a zombie apocalypse. You can keep your Rockies. ;)

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sounds like you would be safe Idi unless someone left the gate open. I would still take a secluded area with very few people around and game to hunt until its over.

I don't think I could stand rubbing zombie guts on me Cham. Bet there would be a putrid odor.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
In the case of a zombie outbreak, I really want to be right where I am, in South Africa, in my gated community behind my burglar bars on a second floor unit. There's no way I'm in any danger, except for food runs. Our lives here behind bars and walls and fences, will be the best possible place for a zombie apocalypse. You can keep your Rockies. ;)
That kind of leaves you trapped if things go wrong. Eventually you would lose power and running water. And you'd have to go out on your supply runs into a populous city which is dangerous enough even without a zombie outbreak.

I'll be taking to the hills.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Sounds like you would be safe Idi unless someone left the gate open. I would still take a secluded area with very few people around and game to hunt until its over.

I don't think I could stand rubbing zombie guts on me Cham. Bet there would be a putrid odor.
Well the guts would only be for doing supply runs, and I'd have a breathing tube running down my pant leg so I wouldn't be sucking the fumes of my zombie scent camouflage. The rest of the time I'd be in my secret place, all fortified. The problem with heading for the hills is that everyone else would have the same idea, so the hills would become quite crowded before long and eventually someone would get infected and away we go. And even nobody got infected, it would be pretty cutthroat given the circumstances. Those who would be best armed would have all the food and supplies. Not my type of politics, but you go ahead.

The gated community thing might work for a while, but again, in a zombie apocalypse the only thing as bad to be around as the zombies is other people. I'm naturally a loner and introvert so I could get by without any need for human contact. I'd have a generator and an X-box, so I'd be okay. lol! Besides, I like to invent but can never afford the supplies, so with everybody dead, undead, or in the rockies or far off gated communities, I could get all the inventing supplies I wanted and MacGyver to my hearts content.

- Cham

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
If something like this ever happened, I would imagine there would be early signs and news report to warn us with enough time to stack up on tons of supplies, literally blow the credit card to it's limit before the raiding even starts. And I would probably try to get to my family - my parents and my brother lives in gated communities as well. I guess we'd have to decide where would be safest.

The virus just wouldn't spread as quickly here because of the way we live here. I could hold out pretty long.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
If something like this ever happened, I would imagine there would be early signs and news report to warn us with enough time to stack up on tons of supplies, literally blow the credit card to it's limit before the raiding even starts. And I would probably try to get to my family - my parents and my brother lives in gated communities as well. I guess we'd have to decide where would be safest.

The virus just wouldn't spread as quickly here because of the way we live here. I could hold out pretty long.
Zombie outbreak, people panic, rush to stores and clean out merchandise, panic more, begin rioting and looting. Again, the best armed end up with most of the food and supplies. Factories shut down, no more stuff to buy, water and power go bye bye. Where's your gennie? Where's your hidden garden? If it ain't hidden well it'll be raided along with your house. You think gates are gonna stop desperate people? You have hunting experience? Watch out for the crazed zombie bears! What about military experience? Technical experience? Gotta get clean water after the plants shut down. Gotta be able to hook up them solar panels. A lot of things to think about. And if you don't think of it first, someone else will scoop you, and if you don't think of everything, someone else will take it from you and leave you as zombie bait. If you wanna survive a zombie apocalypse, you need "MOAR BRAINZ!!!" :D

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
If something like this was announced there would be such a run on the stores the shelves would empty pretty fast. Then people would be looking to take what others have. It would be survival of the fittest. When large numbers of people panic they can turn mean.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
If something like this was announced there would be such a run on the stores the shelves would empty pretty fast. Then people would be looking to take what others have. It would be survival of the fittest. When large numbers of people panic they can turn mean.

... I just said that. :D

- Cham