• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Music Impulse Music Buys

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Do you ever buy an entire album on impulse/without having anticipated the release?

I've been the king of music impulse buys lately, and having Sirius XM radio doesn't help...I'm introduced to great new music all the time lol.

The epitome of this was - while driving to pick up lunch the other day - I heard a song on the indie station by a band I hadn't heard of. The song grabbed my attention so much that when I got home I read up on the band a little and went ahead and downloaded the album.

Discuss your music shopping behavior and impulse buy stories here!

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The only one I can think of was in college. My roommate and I were obsessed with finding new rock/metal music. We each bought a CD we knew we'd like because we knew a lot of songs and then each bought one we thought might be okay.

From Autumn to Ashes was the name of the band I bought...I knew one song going in and it was the only one I liked haha

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Who even buys music these days anyway? The only time I would buy music is to listen in the car because I don't have AUX in my car.

Elanor

Registered Member
If I am going to buy an album, I try to listen to at least 3 songs before I buy it. If I do this, I generally like the album. When One Republic were quite popular a few years back I bought their album based on Apologise. Biggest waste of money ever spent on music!

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
I used to buy albums on spurious grounds, but I mostly buy singles these days. Impulse buying is a great way to discover some great stuff, though.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
I always get albums, songs tend to built to played all the way through an album.

I really only get them on impulse if the band has good work in the past, as in, a stellar album or two.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I listen to the majority of my music on Youtube. I have to really love the band before I'll pay to listen.
I don't like to part with my money unless I've given a few songs a good listen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
icegoat63 General Discussion 6
Xeilo Shopping 22
Chaos Travel 10
pro2A General Discussion 37
AngelsPeak Shopping 18