• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Impulse buying

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
Put it this way. Just about every time I go to the shop, I come back with at least several items, but not what I went for.

oOLuLuOo

I agree with Dino. I went shopping yesterday for sneakers and I came out of the mall with the sneakers, 2 t-shirts and a new hat for my boyfriend, new pj's, socks, leggings, 2 tanktops, a hoodie, and my new Blackberry 8530 in purple. Talk about impulsive huh?

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I think I'm very good for not buying impulse stuff. I don't let myself buy impulse because I know I'm either not gonna have a use for it, or I will regret it because I'm skint.

Shwa

V.I.P.
It's really anything that's on my mind that "I think I have to have" when it comes to Video Games, clothes, movies or even iTunes music....the iTunes music is what gets my wallet the most. I'm a sound snob so ripping music off from YouTube can only do so much for me. I wanna have the full music and actual correct lyrics when purchasing it.

I have to sometimes hide my own credit card so that I wont buy anything, but that's a problem in itself because I have horrible memory :lol:.

~Shwa

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Hardly ever. I'm ridiculously frugal. OK I'm cheap. I always find it necessary to justify money that I've spent on things other than basic necessities. Once in a while I'll buy something that I hadn't planned on buying, but it's a pretty painful decision process.

jamesparker100

Registered Member
Its true that i also use to buy the things when i go to shopping mall , and some times i do purchase DVD's , xbox cds games.

Jessticles

Registered Member
I'm pretty bad on this with clothes, but I don't buy very expensive clothes - nothing really over $100.

I saw a 100% leather jacket for $30 in a sale the other day with a FREE black blazer with it (you could buy anything in the shop and get something else free), I didn't exactly need either of them, but it was too good to resist. :lol:

JessEpiphany

Registered Member
Rarely. I will have an urge to grab something, and then have to remind myself that it's probably a waste of money.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I only do when I am stressed out or pissed off, but it usually has to be something I have considered buying before it became an impulse buy. So apart from those rare occassions, I am pretty thrifty when it comes to my spending.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Unity Music 7
icegoat63 General Discussion 6
Chaos Travel 10
pro2A General Discussion 37
AngelsPeak Shopping 18