• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Impulse buying

Xeilo

V.I.P.
How often do you find yourself in a shopping center and just randomly buy something as soon as you see it?

I do it from time to time, but it is only really with DVD's or sometimes games if I am bored.

Impact

V.I.P.
I do this all the time with small purchases, say under $100. Anything more than that and I tend to have been wanting it a while, or do research on where sells the cheapest and best quality product i'm looking for.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Not really. I've started being sensible with money now because I end up regretting it so badly when I do that. When I lived with my parents I'd do it all the time.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
I'm known to do it from time-to-time though I can't pinpoint any particular item.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
With my own money, I'm not an impulsive buyer. I have to think many times before I buy something.
With my parent's money, I buy whatever comes across :lol:

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
With my own money, I'm not an impulsive buyer. I have to think many times before I buy something.
With my parent's money, I buy whatever comes across :lol:
I'm like the complete and total opposite!:lol:
...If our family gives us money for Christmas / Birthday's or whatever, I'll hold on to it but when it comes to our money, I'll spend it. lol, I guess it doesn't matter- money's money at the end of the day but I still find that kind of odd.:headscratch:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I'm like the complete and total opposite!:lol:
...If our family gives us money for Christmas / Birthday's or whatever, I'll hold on to it but when it comes to our money, I'll spend it. lol, I guess it doesn't matter- money's money at the end of the day but I still find that kind of odd.:headscratch:
lmao. that's odd. you should be doing the opposite of what you actually do.
you've got strange brains. :shifteyes:

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
lmao. that's odd. you should be doing the opposite of what you actually do.
you've got strange brains. :shifteyes:
:lol: I know!
...My husband thinks the same thing... He has said to me over and over again, "Money's money, no matter where it comes from".:shifteyes:

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I don't buy on impulse all that much. I'm hardly ever just randomly browsing shops, if I'm shopping then I've already got a good idea of what I need to get. I'll get it, and then go.

I'd probably do it with a t-shirt or something, but that's about the extent of my impulsivity :lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'll do it for DVD's as well, I love to just sit down at my house and watch a movie when there's nothing on televison. A lot of times some of the older movies are really cheap so I can buy five great movies for around 30$

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Unity Music 7
icegoat63 General Discussion 6
Chaos Travel 10
pro2A General Discussion 37
AngelsPeak Shopping 18