Impulse buying

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by AngelsPeak, Jul 7, 2008.

1. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Are you an impulse buyer or do you mull over your decision before making a purchase?
    I tend to buy first and question what I did later. This is a habit I'm trying hard to break, but I see a bargain and feel the need to snatch the item up whether I really need it or not.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I usually take some time to think about it before buying. Depends on how big the purchase is though. If it's something expensive then I want to make sure it's something I'll need and use and that I'm getting the best value for my money.

ysabel likes this.
  3. patkick

patkick #21

When it comes to electronics such as mobile phones, computer hardware etc I tend to take as much as I feel to. I bought my Nokia N73 after 1 week of reading reviews and finding as much as possible about it. My parents trust me with the installation and purchase of electronics. I get to pick the new HDTV, internet subscription etc.

But on the other hand I'm pretty much an impulse buyer when it comes to clothes and games. I got so much games that I've still had yet to beat.

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I do alot of both. I'll impulsly mull over things. Kind of the burden I've got with having one of those PDA phones. If I see something in a store I'll get really excited and I'll google the snot out of it until I've spent hours of time reading the reviews.

I most recently did this with a golf club... turns out it was one of the better impulse buys I've ever done.

5. bball4life

bball4life Alfred :: Gotham Hero

im an impulse buyer when i see something that i have been wanting, and its on sale or the price is lowered. besides that i usually think about it for a while before i go and buy it.

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

If the item is under $5o (dollars) I've been known to impulse buy. If it's above $5o I tend to stick to doing research to see if it's worth buying or not. The higher the price, the more research that goes into that item. ^_^

7. stalkwalk

stalkwalk Registered Member

I always make a list when I go shopping but then I end up buying something that's not on my list and I question myself when I get home.

8. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

I'll usually put a little thought and research into what I'm buying, especially the more expensive items, but if I see a good deal or something that looks interesting and maybe one of a kind, I might just go ahead and take my chances.

9. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

With a shopping list in hand I'm usually good with sticking to the list, but I'm known to see something that I fancy and get it. That's why I like shopping so much, I look forward to seeing what I might fancy and buy it without second thought.
    When it comes to big things (expensive) then I would never buy it just cos I see it.

10. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Both kinda. I frequently buy stuff that I just saw in the store, but I spend 30 minutes while I'm there comparing that to all the other options. Unless it's really cute. Or if it's aria related.