• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Imp's Musical Journal - February Edition

Impact

V.I.P.
I'm thinking of writing a music journal kinda thing each month of what i've been listening to, new bands i've discovered, old bands i've rediscovered, and just my random thoughts about music in general so I don't take over the music section with too many threads about little things. :lol:

Not sure anyone will actually want to read it, but i'm going to do it anyway. I guess this one will be pretty short because I haven't really been keeping track over the last month. Next month shall be much more in depth. I'll need to come up with a snazzy name for next month too. Any ideas are welcomed, of course.

I realise my taste in music isn't exactly to everyone's liking, but I have a pretty diverse taste in music. I'll try not to just cover rock and metal in here, but of course, it is going to be included and play a pretty big part.

Song of the Month

YouTube - Rev Theory - Justice

Largely due to Rev Theory's new album Justice being released. For those of you who have similar taste in music to me, go and check it out now. It certainly got a lot of listens from me.

New Discoveries

• Joe Budden
Thanks to Kons. Holy shit, the dude is amazing. I think i've fallen in love with everything i've heard from him so far.
YouTube - Joe Budden - 1000 Faces

• Amon Amarth
For those of you who like your music heavier, listen to this. They've been taking up a lot of my listening time lately.
YouTube - Amon Amarth - Cry Of The Black Birds

• Melvins
Okay, so i'm a lot late to the party when it comes to the Melvins. First thought when I listened to their album Houdini, is where the hell have they been all my life. Not exactly sure what genre i'd classify them as, but everyone should listen.
YouTube - Melvins - Goin' Blind

Blast From The Past

I rediscovered this song. Not really old at all by some people's standards, but damn did it bring back memories

YouTube - Trapt - Headstrong (Video)

New Releases

Dedicated to two of my favourite bands of ALL time. Rise Against and Blindspott (Temporarily known as BlackList for legal reasons). Can't wait for both of their new albums to drop.

YouTube - Rise Against - Help Is On The Way (With Lyrics)
YouTube - Rise Against - Architects (With Lyrics in Annotations!)
YouTube - BlackList - From The Blind Spot

Album Recommendation

Each month i'm going to try and suggest an album for everyone to listen to. This month, i'm suggesting Myrath - Hope. According to wiki they fall under the oriental metal genre...
My favourite from the album, and the song I suggest you test the waters with:

YouTube - MYRATH - HOPE - 05.Seven Sins - part1
YouTube - MYRATH - HOPE - 05.Seven Sins - part2

And a link to the entire album if anyone is interested:

Grooveshark - Listen to Free Music Online - Internet Radio - Free MP3 Streaming

Random Sharing

And now for something completely different

YouTube - Pendulum - The Island

Well, I guess it wasn't as short as I thought.

Last edited:

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Blast From The Past

I rediscovered this song. Not really old at all by some people's standards, but damn did it bring back memories

YouTube - Trapt - Headstrong (Video)
OMG. This song was one of favorites in 05 and 06. This song was hot a while back.

I like this concept, maybe we could have a general Musical Journal thread to discuss music and what we like at the end of every month. Like this but with everyone posting their own.

Impact

V.I.P.
That's a pretty good idea KSpice. Everyone feel free to post songs that fall under any of the categories I mentioned already for the past month. I'll work on making it more general for everyone next month.