• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Impact's Battle of the Bands

Impact

V.I.P.
The idea is, everyone nominates a certain number of bands to go through the the voting stages. Each band is pitted against another band (completely randomly) and everyone votes on the one they prefer. The winner from that round progresses to the next, until we have our winner.

I'd iron out the details a little more, but to see how many bands each person nominates, i'd first have to gauge interest. So reply if you're interested, and feel free to make any suggestions.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've actually been thinking of doing this exact same thing, but for something other than music. I probably wouldn't participate much in this since my taste in music is a lot different than most other people here.

Dekzper

Registered Member
Well, I dont get exactly how this works but it def sounds like fun! :D I might even pick a winner this time! :nod:

Tucker

Lion Rampant
That sounds like an interesting exercise. I would definitely like to join in.

Did you by chance get the idea from The Social Network?

Bliss

Sally Twit
Count me in. Assuming it's any band of our choice?

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
While I agree with Bob, count me OUT.

While I'm curious that Tucker actually watched that movie, colour me CONFUSED.

@ Bliss, yes, she was briefly in chat and made mention it would be any band, any genre vs. one another winner moves on. Round robin type thing I guess.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm definitely interested, but I believe when we do have this thing up and running, but I believe that if you haven't heard of the two bands that are going head to head, then you shouldn't be able to vote.

Impact

V.I.P.
I've actually been thinking of doing this exact same thing, but for something other than music. I probably wouldn't participate much in this since my taste in music is a lot different than most other people here.
That's exactly why I want you to participate. I don't want it to be me telling everyone what music I like...we already know that. I want to find the favourite of all GFers. Anyway, I know you're a Pink Floyd fan, and i'm pretty sure they would beat out any of my favourite bands if they went up against each other.

I like Babe's suggestion. If you haven't heard of the band, don't vote. Although, I could post videos of each bands most known song (might need some help on that one) and the person could listen to each and vote for whichever they prefer.

@Tucker. Although I have watched The Social Network, I got the idea from another forum i'm a member at. They do it a little different though, only one band against another. No big one to determine an overall winner.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I'm definitely interested, but I believe when we do have this thing up and running, but I believe that if you haven't heard of the two bands that are going head to head, then you shouldn't be able to vote.
I disagree. If anything, when the voting comes to pass, there should be a couple examples of each band provided. Then voters can listen to both sets and make a decision which one is better in their opinion. It would be up to the person nominating that band to pick which songs best present the bands capabilities

Oh and I'd definitely participate.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AmericanMusic Music 13
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 9
Impact Music 9
Impact Art & Creative 123
Millz Wrestling 8