• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Impact Wrestling Thread for 06/30/11

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Discuss this week's Impact Wrestling episode here!

The show is advertised as having limited commercial interruption.

I'm really enjoying the development of Destination X...with it being an all X-Division PPV, we're seeing storylines and feuds developing with people that normally might not get this much prominence...AJ vs. Daniels, Joe vs. Kazarian...this is the kind of stuff that was given a big stage when TNA was at its best.

We'll see 3 more stars from the "X-Divsion's past" competing this week, I'm really looking forward to that. I'm hoping to see Petey Williams, but I really have no idea who's going to be in it. I'm guessing one person is Jerry Lynn, b/c he showed up in RVD's locker room last week. The winner will face Ion and Aries in a 3-way match at Destination X for a chance at a TNA contract.

I'm wondering what's going to happen with Abyss' X-Division title...I'm hoping that the X-Division takes it back at the PPV.

I'm really enjoying Sting's current character direction...as I've said elsewhere, it's like part classic Sting, part deranged Joker from Batman, and part cartoon character. He's really fun to watch right now.

Here's the preview for the show, from First Time Ever: Thursday's IMPACT To Air With Limited Commercial Interruption :

- The road continues to the July 10 Destination X Pay-Per-View event! Tune in for more news, matches and X Division Superstars!

- The maniacal Sting vows to meet Hulk Hogan face to face inside the IMPACT Zone

- The Bound For Glory Series continues with two more major matches:
“The Phenomenal” AJ Styles vs Gunner and Samoa Joe vs Devon

- In a 6 person elimination match, the Knockouts will be featured as Knockouts Champion Mickie James teams with Tara and Miss Tessmacher to take on Angelina Love, Winter, and Madison Rayne

Plus, 3 more stars from the X-Division’s past return to do battle in a 3 Way X-Division Match with the winner advancing to the Destination X PPV.