• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Impact Wrestling Thread for 06/16/11

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I always love post-ppv wrestling shows, and this should be no different. There are some things looming that I'm really interested in seeing; for example, Mr. Anderson is the new Champion after some help from Eric Bischoff...will he be joining Immortal?

Plus, Kurt Angle is the number one contender (Apparently the match between him and Jarrett was for that spot as well); what does this mean for Sting and a possible rematch?

The X-Division members (Kaz and Kendrick) failed to take the title from Abyss...what will be next for them all in trying to take it back? I know there's going to be the return of the Six-sided ring at Destination X, as well as an ultimate X match. Maybe a bunch of people will be involved in trying to take down Abyss? That would rock.

Will AJ and Bully Ray keep feuding after their crazy match at the PPV? Can't believe Bully Ray got the win, but I keep wondering if this intense feud is over with or not.

I'm also really interested in seeing more of the Beer Guns, and wondering when Bobby Roode will get his spot back from Alex Shelley...what will be next for Shelley? And what tag team will Beer Money be facing at Destination X?

There's a lot of possible directions for all of this, I really hope they're all good ones.

Here's a link to the official preview:

Preview IMPACT WRESTLING on Thursday Night at 9/8c on SpikeTV

Discuss the show and results here!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I watched a bit of it, the Sting/Hogan segment was pretty good, Sting's character is like Joker from Dark Knight.

I didn't even know that Austin Aries was on TNA, he performed really well last night, hopefully he gets a huge push with them.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Lots of people showed up last night that we haven't seen in a bit. Jimmy Rave, Austin Aries, Kid Kash, Jacqueline, etc (Did I miss anybody?)

I loved the segment with Sting and Hogan. Sting has lost it. Awesome.

And TNA must really love Gunner since he's pinned Sting and Anderson two straight weeks.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Lots of people showed up last night that we haven't seen in a bit. Jimmy Rave, Austin Aries, Kid Kash, Jacqueline, etc (Did I miss anybody?)

I loved the segment with Sting and Hogan. Sting has lost it. Awesome.

And TNA must really love Gunner since he's pinned Sting and Anderson two straight weeks.
Seeing Austin Aries, and in a match for that matter, was the highlight of the night for me! That guy is awesome. I hope he becomes a fixture of TNA once again.

Anderson as champ is awesome, but he had a little gut going last night during his match haha. Devon and Matt Hardy have lost considerable weight, but now the champ is getting heavy? What gives? lol

TNA loves Gunner, he's beaten a world champ two weeks in a row now. I definitely like that he uses the F5. I'm ok with him (used to hate him and Murphy, but as a singles competitor he's been improving), but I don't think he should get this much of a push this soon...give him more time with random feuds at the mid card level. Maybe they'll just have him get big wins to legitimize him and then have him do that mid card stuff.

Good to see Pope on TV again. I'm guessing that Devon's "wife" that was with his sons was fake, she seemed too young (and was crazy hot). The way it looked after Pope went all face and saved Devon, I'm guessing it'll be an act so that he can have an affair lol.

The Kurt/Jarrett stuff was entertaining in the parking lot, felt like a real fight with all of the cars with headlights in a circle! Angle's slams on Jarrett on the concrete made me cringe, that was nuts. Weird ending though, but it looks like Kurt is going soon to train for the Olympic tryout. Maybe that'll mean Jarrett weasels out of the fact that he lost that fight (and has to go to Mexico, haha don't ask they drew up a contract).

Sting's talk with Hogan was just nuts. Stinger went apeshit crazy, and it's amazing how much passion and intensity he can bring to everything he does even at this age. I liked the WCW references. He's been trying to turn Hogan face and it looks like it is making Hogan think about it. Not sure how I feel about that, I like the heel Hogan regime but at the same time having him as a face would probably put more focus on the wrestlers and less on Hogan/Bischoff, if that makes sense.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hope they bring in more and more X Division guys. Isn't Aries still employed by ROH? Might just be a per appearance type of deal with him, Kash and others they may bring in. Whatever the case may be I always enjoyed Aries. He's an awesome wrestler with awesome charisma.

I may have missed it but is Eric Young actually the TV Champion? The dude cracks me up and I laughed when I saw him with both belts on.

Also, I am rooting for Morgan in the new BFG Tournament dealio they are doing. I love that type of stuff. Intrigues me with point systems.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I hope they bring in more and more X Division guys. Isn't Aries still employed by ROH? Might just be a per appearance type of deal with him, Kash and others they may bring in. Whatever the case may be I always enjoyed Aries. He's an awesome wrestler with awesome charisma.

I may have missed it but is Eric Young actually the TV Champion? The dude cracks me up and I laughed when I saw him with both belts on.

Also, I am rooting for Morgan in the new BFG Tournament dealio they are doing. I love that type of stuff. Intrigues me with point systems.
Aries left ROH in 2010, actually, and had been wrestling for Dragon Gate USA. Which means he's a perfect contender to go full time to TNA again! The way that X-Division tourney is working is that whoever wins it at Destination-X will get a contract...people competing in it are old X-Division wrestlers (the reason Kash, Rave, and Aries were around) and new people that will debut...next week's 3-way match is supposed to be all new competitors, I'm excited for that. Aries got a big reaction from the Impact Wrestling fans and I could easily see him being the one to get a contract. According to his wikipedia, he signed with TNA. But who knows if they're guessing or what. Jimmy Rave isn't bad in the ring, he just needs to lose that gimmick. And Kid Kash is classic TNA. However, I could see the latter two not staying.

EY won the TV Title from Gunner on Impact Wrestling a few weeks ago, he's been hilarious. I can't believe he "wrestled" the guy from the wonder years that works with Bischoff...and said 'I'm coming for you next, Baio" into the camera. It's really damn entertaining but they need the TV Title to actually have a feud involved.

So with the Bound For Glory Series, as it's called, is one of the coolest and more innovative idea going in any company right now. It's almost like the top 10 thing they started with last year but more technical, great for any sports stats fan really. I know there are a lot of TNA haters around, but this is awesome. Basically Bound For Glory is in 3 months, and a list of 12 wrestlers were determined as possible number one contenders. Every one of their matches in between now and then, including tours in Europe, house shows, etc. will score points (or lose points). There's a whole system, I'll try to find it and post it, but it's like you get extra points for submissions, lose points for getting pinned, etc. I'm pulling for Matt Morgan too, Millz. I think Bobby Roode is on this list too, so I'm probably equally hoping for him to get it. It would be a great story for either guy to have fought for so long to get to the top, and to earn the spot in this way and win at TNA's feature PPV of the year. Kudos to TNA.