• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Impact Wrestling Thread for 05/26/11

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
From Preview Thursdays IMPACT WRESTLING On Spike: Kurt Angle vs. RVD :

Preview this Thursday's huge IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast on SpikeTV at 9/8, as the road to the June 12 Slammiversary Pay-Per-View event continues! The main event features two multi-time World Champions facing off!

- It will be the Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle vs. Rob Van Dam for the first time ever on IMPACT WRESTLING

- In his "Scorpion Sitdown", Mr. Anderson has promised to bring in a special guest from Sting's past! Sting defends the World Title against Mr. Anderson at Slammiversary on June 12 on Pay-Per-View and online at TNAOnDemand.com

- "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan and The Network's Mick Foley both return - what will be the fallout from their meeting this past week with Network officials?

- Plus, in a Street Fight it will be AJ Styles teaming with Christopher Daniels to battle Bully Ray and Dreamer
I have to admit, take away all stories and I'm really stoked for this broadcast just to watch Kurt Angle vs. RVD. I think that they could put on a great performance in the right conditions (without DQ, etc.).

Anderson was great dressed as classic Sting, I'm definitely looking forward to more from him in this feud. Bringing someone from Stinger's past should be pretty entertaining...of course I'd love to see a retired wrestler of some sort, but it could be something stupid/ridiculous too. Who knows, but I'm intrigued.

Any time AJ/Daniels are a tag team I'll be into that match. If Tommy Dreamer is going to be involved with Immortal and Bully Ray, I'm really glad that he went full fledged heel last week (yelled at the fans, assaulted AJ with cheap shots, etc.). For the first time in in a while he's kind of entertaining, and I like him and Bully as a unit. Makes sense.

Look forward to seeing Foley especially, always love his promos. And good to have Hogan back this week as well.

I'll be especially looking forward to any X-Division matches and anything to further the feud between Kendrick/the X-Division and Bischoff/Immortal. I wonder if Brian will be the number one contender at Slammiversary or if it will be after that?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Watch that person from his past be some stupid old WCW wrestler. Who could it be?

RVD/Angle will be an amazing match... I hope.

Other than that, I don't care. To be honest.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Watch that person from his past be some stupid old WCW wrestler. Who could it be?

RVD/Angle will be an amazing match... I hope.

Other than that, I don't care. To be honest.
It definitely could be a stupid old WCW wrestler, lol. But I was a big fan of WCW, so I'd be just fine with that.

How about the Ultimate Warrior? His old tag team patnah? j/k :lol:

KSF (and everyone), have you been enjoying what's going on with Kendrick/the X-Division? I know you've commented on it in other threads, but I'm having trouble remembering right now. I've personally been looking forward to seeing that develop every week.

Another aspect I didn't mention is that Bobby Roode is getting more and more prominence each week on Impact...I'd love to see him have a good singles' match this week or sometime soon.

I also can't wait to see development with Joe/Crimson, if it happens.