• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Impact Wrestling thread for 04/07/11

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Discuss this week's edition of Impact Wrestling here!

From Preview Thursday's IMPACT WRESTLING: Mr. Anderson Gets An Ultimatum

Here is a preview of Thursday's huge broadcast:

Destination X Preview: AJ Styles vs Rob Van Dam vs Christopher Daniels vs Jerry Lynn in a 4 Corners Match

Bound For Glory Series Match: Bobby Roode vs Crimson

Bound For Glory Series Match: Matt Morgan and James Storm vs The Pope and Devon

Handicap Match: Velvet Sky vs ODB and Jackie

Plus, IMMORTAL gives World Heavyweight Champion Mr. Anderson an ultimatum - and will the maniacal Sting be watching?
Sounds like a good show this week...I'm really stoked for the 4-way with Daniels, Lynn, Van Dam, and Styles. Should be a great match.

It's hard to see them ending Crimson's winning streak, but I really want Bobby Roode to get a win...he doesn't have any points in the BFG Series, and he's one of the few people that really deserves to win it all.

It's interesting to see Storm and Morgan team up, and Pope/Devon have an interesting angle going right now with Pope becoming close with Devon's family (especially his wife) and trying to pretend he's Devon's friend...lol it's kind of reminiscent of MVP and Matt Hardy as a tag team. Also, since losing weight Devon's been putting on much better matches. He feels a lot more legit on a singles' level.

I still kind of wish Anderson would go ahead and join Immortal...the group needs that kind of championship credibility to feel legit again...or at least a figurehead that's one of the company's top stars right now, and Anderson would be perfect for that.

And for those of you that didn't see Sting last week, (1) find the episode online and watch it, and (2) make sure to tune in this week. Sting's character changes have been a highlight...it's so cool that "The Icon" is such a veteran yet he can really bring new variety to his career like this...it's so entertaining.

So, who's going to watch?

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Saw on Robbie E's Twitter that they'll be announcing the Ultimate X participants tonight, by the way.

Personally, I really really hope that he's not in it. They could make a great lineup with the current members of the X-Division without including him.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Saw on Robbie E's Twitter that they'll be announcing the Ultimate X participants tonight, by the way.

Personally, I really really hope that he's not in it. They could make a great lineup with the current members of the X-Division without including him.
He isn't that bad, but just keep Cookie away.

Overall, it was a good show. I'll have my full thoughts later, but I am now officially stoked for Destination X.