• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Immunisations

Impact

V.I.P.
How do you feel about immunisations? Have you had all of yours? Are you one of those people who feels ill after they get them?

For me, I haven't had an immunisation since I was about 4 years old and got all the required ones. Apparently, there is one here in Britain that you get when you're about 14, but I left the country right before that so I missed it. I also refused the 3 jabs for Meningitis B. Probably a good thing, as the NZ Government pulled them a while later. But yeah, needle free since '93.

redroses

Registered Member
the last injection i got was when i was 14 or so the TB one, i felt fine after it (physically) although my arm was a little sore, but i did cry through the whole thing coz im scared of needles, quite a lot of people fainted after it, they even had a screen with a mat for people to faint onto afterwards lol, i missed my menigitis one when i was about 8 or 9 because my mum had heard too many things about the side effects being bad, i kinda wish i had had it done but so far so good. the HPV jab for cervical cancer when that came out i just missed it, if i wasnt so terrified of needles i would probably want to get it though, although im not sure if i can as im 20 and they give them out to you when you are 18 or so it was at first, im not all that clued up though.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
My most recent was in December actually, for Hep B. I never have had problems with them.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
We get MMR vaccine when a toddler, also get Meningitis C jab and a Tuberculosis one with heaf test during early teens or so. Although the general administration of them has changed over the years I think. They used to be given in schools as standard. Now I think a lot of children have to be taken to the Doctors, hence some may or probably are missing their jabs. They're probably pretty necessary. I've never had or encountered anyone having a bad reaction to them. Saw someone faint once before they had their TB one though. -- Think I've had a Tetanus jab before too, but not sure what the circumstances were, think I was a toddler :S

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I haven't gotten any since I was a kid. I never really go to the doctor anymore, so hopefully there's nothing else I should have.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I had all the ones you had to have as a kid but I've never had any since leaving school. I'm not fussed on getting the flu jab or anything.
And like Echoes, I rarely go to the doctor.

Dabs

Registered Member
I have had all mine, and here in the states, children get immunizations even at 11 years old, because my granddaughter received her last set last year.
I believe they said she was good to go till age 15.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've had all of mine through childhood and my teen years. I was going to get a Hepatitis shot (had a free one) but I forgot to go. I also had a TDAP (diptheria, whooping cough, and tetanus) when I got stitches recently.

I wouldn't mind getting the hepatitis shot but I don't like to get the flue vaccination or anything because I want to have natural immunities.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I have a friend, who actually likes injections. She actually finds them appealing. The sharp pain of the punctured skin... It's probably very weird, I'm not sure what she finds so good about it, and I don't think she knows either, she just loves the event.

Dabs

Registered Member
I have a friend, who actually likes injections. She actually finds them appealing. The sharp pain of the punctured skin... It's probably very weird, I'm not sure what she finds so good about it, and I don't think she knows either, she just loves the event.

Then it's probably safe to say, she has all her immunizations!
And she is more than likely into acupuncture.
A lot of people are into that, but it's something I've never tried.