• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Immortality?

• Thread starter dbzwarrior4ever
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dbzwarrior4ever

do you want to be immortal and if not why?

Malificus

Likes snow
No. Why not? Eventually, everyone I know would die. If I went through pain that would kill a man, I'd still live, and just have to endure it. Eventually, all human life would probably cease. I wouldn't want to be the only person alive.

These definately outweigh the benifits for me.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The pains would be great, but the benefits would be amazing. I would love to see the whole world, to learn as much as I can and witness the history of the world as it unfolds. However, I'd go crazy not knowing what happens after life.

Malificus

Likes snow
That would bve awesome to see history unfold (nd maybe even to play key roles in events that happen centuries apart), but again the whole thing about eventually, it'll just be you and no one else, is why I'm against it. I'd be all for it if you had the choice to die later, instead of being stuck with immortality forever.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I heard some story about a scientist that claims it's possible to increase the human lifespan to around 1000 years. That would suck ass. There'd be no damn room on the planet and it would eventually die out because of all the pollution and deforestation.

Damn, we need to get on that "colonizing deep space" idea that those jokers just can't seem to put into motion.

Malificus

Likes snow
Could you immagine being so old that your greatⁿ grandchildren would be so loosely related to you that you might as well be a stranger? So old that your family doesn't have records connecting them back to you? Of course, you'd get to see countries rise and fall (maybe even play key roles in both events if you play your cards right), You could learn more than you've ever imagined you could, do things that seem impossible by today's standards, but you'd have no family to share it with, you're siblings would have all died centuries ago, your family may have faded into obscurity, but you would be able to do anything, because you'd have all the time in the world to learn how.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
DBZ warrior it's good that you write new topics, but make you give a description at the same time on your thoughs about the subject you have written.

It depends if you age every year then no I wouldn't like to be immortal but if you stayed always around 30 years old, then yes I wouldn't mind beinh immortal.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

This thread really is not a mature dicussion topic...that and just asking a question and telling people to talk about it is not good either, I am locking this thread.

L

lilbballfrk

hm.. and now its at general talk. there is already a topic so im going to lock this one.

Blur

iPimp
I would only want it if I had eternal youth AND if i could at any time decide to die, like if i didnt wanna be around anymore for some reason. Like maybe I lost both my legs in an explosion, then I'd wanna just die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D General Discussion 2
D General Discussion 21