• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Immigrants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Now some of you or your family might be immigrants, but the topic I wanna discuss about is are they the one who makes The United States or Canada more populated, and do you think that the amount of immigrants will go up in the future? I do think so , and I think that the countries are glad to accept immigrants if you ask me, it makes the country more populated, now don't criticize me if I am wrong on this, because it's just an opinion I have.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
Vince Carter said:
Now some of you or your family might be immigrants, but the topic I wanna discuss about is are they the one who makes The United States or Canada more populated, and do you think that the amount of immigrants will go up in the future? I do think so , and I think that the countries are glad to accept immigrants if you ask me, it makes the country more populated, now don't criticize me if I am wrong on this, because it's just an opinion I have.

As far as the United States is concerned you are very wrong. Immigration is something that is a huge issue in our nation right now. The American people (as a whole) don't really support immigration like we used to, because they take away jobs that "true" Americans could be having.

Also its making our cities far too over crowded, and we're having to pay taxes on education for every one of them, even the illegal ones.

So in the end its costing Americans more money than its helping, so they are mad, or maybe thats just Kansas.

A

A.M. Radio

I already had a mini rant about immigrants. Well, the US's policies.

I think we should have looser boarders. I also think that the overpopulation problem, which exists, is exaggerated. Immigrants should always be welcome to help shape our great nation. I'm Irish, and very knowledgeable about Irish history. The Irish were discriminated against horribly for so long. Yet, the Irish immigrants shaped how Americans talk and act everyday.

But so did Immigrants from China. Africa. Everywhere. Some people don't realize that America is still in a state of flux. Changing, evolving everyday. Should we resist these changes? We keep our borders too closed, there goes that state of flux that made our country what it is.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Americans are only upset at illegal immigrants, ones that come here legally everyone seems fine with. Considering the United States has one of the lowest birthrate of most countires, then we will need to rely on immigration in order to populate. The US is by no means overpopulated. There is pleny of land out there.

Soon though you will be needing a passport in order to get into Canada, and Mexico, I believe starting in December of this year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was about to say that they take away all your jobs, but I didn't want to offend anyone, but yes they do the same here in Canada they come here after immigrating and they take all our jobs. I don't think though it's as big of an issue here in Canada then it is in the United States.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

They only take the low paying jobs, and some contruction jobs, if someone NEEDS to work at Wal-Mart then thats bad as it is.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Seriously, where would America be without immigrants, illegal ones too? If they're going to build that 30 foot wall, they need owrkers who don't whine all day, ask for raises, and an air-conditioned room .

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Immigrants we need, illegal ones we dont. Legal immigrants should know the rights they have while in this country. Illegals dont have any rights, well yet at least.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
Piccolo said:
Immigrants we need, illegal ones we dont. Legal immigrants should know the rights they have while in this country. Illegals dont have any rights, well yet at least.
Exactly. Illegal immigrants cost America a lot of money.

Legal immigrants help America. We need the legal immigrants, but the illegal ones that sneak in here are the ones that really do hurt us. So I mean America supports immigration, as long as its legal. We kind've rely on it, in some ways.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

That, and we have a low birthrate, so we need immigrants coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.