• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Imaginary friends

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
Did you have any imaginary friends when you were a kid? Or, er, whenever really.

I know lots of people who say they did, but I didn't personally. I just used to daydream a lot but there was never one specific 'character' that I'd refer to outside of daydreams. I did used to pretend there was a bunch of animals at the bottom of my garden though, and tell everyone about them.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
no i didn't have imaginary friends, but i used to have and STILL have imaginary dogs which seem to be my best friends.
i always dream about having dogs at my house, feeding them and taking care of them.
the truth is i can't get a dog at home and i feel mercy for myself that i have to daydream about it.

Blueyes

Registered Member
none. i never was one for imaginary anything. heck, i found out about santa was i was still in elementary school because i was nosy and never slept at night even back then.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
no i didn't have imaginary friends, but i used to have and STILL have imaginary dogs which seem to be my best friends.
i always dream about having dogs at my house, feeding them and taking care of them.
the truth is i can't get a dog at home and i feel mercy for myself that i have to daydream about it.
haha, you know, I completely forgot about that. I did the exact same - had an imaginary dog. It was a black and white border collie called Shadow and it would run along next to the car on long journeys. huh.

Twitch

Registered Member
According to my parents I had like 7 imaginary friends. I think they were supposed to be like a TV show cast, fighting crime or something.

Impact

V.I.P.
I never had imaginary friends or pets...At least, none after the age of 4 when I start remembering childhood. I did daydream a lot but never about certain people each time, and I never made someone move because my imaginary friend is sitting there. I did pretend to have an imaginary friend when I was about 18 to one of my drugged upped stoner friends, but that was more for laughs than anything. He believed it, but then again, we also managed to convince him his girlfriend wasn't a real person and was just his imaginary friend.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I may as well have imaginary friends, I talk to myself enough as it is.

This reminds me of the movie Drop Dead Fred. One of my nostalgic childhood movies.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I can't remember having any imaginary friends or pets I think I was too pre-occupied with my real life pet to think about that sorta stuff.
I had friends that lived close by so I guess there was no need for me to think one up.