• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo....

Jaszibabes

The Instigator
V.I.P.
But, I'm not sure which one to get. Everyone in my family thinks I should get the first one. But I really like the second one. Well, actually, I like both.

Either one I get will be only black, which is why I want a tribal frog. And I'm getting it right in the middle of my back about 9 inches down from my neck. :D

Let me know what you think of either one.

Choice 1:

Choice 2:

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Personally, I prefer the first one. I like the second one as well, but it seems to me that it crams too much detail into it. Whereas, on the other hand, the first one is like, "less is more". It's also in a better pose, and done really well. In fact, that's what I like the most about it, the pose that it's in. It looks way more realistic and artful than the second one.

But ultimately it's about which one you prefer and want to get, not what other people think.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I agree with Chaos, the first is beautiful in its simplicity where as the second one looks a little over the top.

Just a thought but why not ask your local tattoo artist to custamize the first a little just to make it a little different.

Jaszibabes

The Instigator
V.I.P.
i do like the first one, too.

i guess, on paper .. i think the second one looks cool. haha. but you're right, it's a bit busy.

:) thanks for your opinion, Chaos.

it's my very first tattoo, so i'm just nervous.
------
I agree with Chaos, the first is beautiful in its simplicity where as the second one looks a little over the top.

Just a thought but why not ask your local tattoo artist to custamize the first a little just to make it a little different.

yeah, i was going to have him draw it last night.. but it was getting really late. if i got the first one, i was thinking of having him turn it so it looks like it's climbing up my back. or something like that. :)

Last edited:

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I'm the exact same way, Jaszi. I know what I want for my first tattoo, but I haven't been able to find it, or find what I think is right. Because that's what it comes down to, what YOU feel is right for YOU, y'know?

Another thing I'm not too keen on for the second choice is that while everything seems a bit hectic and detailed, I noticed that all the legs have detail moving down them, except for the top left one, which is bare. That annoyed me. I'm not sure why, but it did.

Jaszibabes

The Instigator
V.I.P.
I'm the exact same way, Jaszi. I know what I want for my first tattoo, but I haven't been able to find it, or find what I think is right. Because that's what it comes down to, what YOU feel is right for YOU, y'know?

Another thing I'm not too keen on for the second choice is that while everything seems a bit hectic and detailed, I noticed that all the legs have detail moving down them, except for the top left one, which is bare. That annoyed me. I'm not sure why, but it did.

I've known I wanted a frog tattoo for a while now. It's the only thing I wanted, but I didn't want a cartoonish one, or one with color, you know? I like black tattoos. :cute: Finally, I found one that could possibly be a winner!

Ah, now that you've pointed it out.. it stands out real bad. Annoying, yes, I must agree. Haha.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I know, I remember you saying you liked frogs. :D I love Tribal tattoo's. All of mine are going to be in black; not only does it look better, IMO, it's more practical because it lasts longer before fading.

Sorry!! :lol: It's just something that stood out for me and bugged me. The little thigns add up, I guess.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I've always been one for 'less is more' that's why my 3 are simple and sweet; i'd go for the first one - looks cuter too XD

Jaszibabes

The Instigator
V.I.P.
I know, I remember you saying you liked frogs. :D I love Tribal tattoo's. All of mine are going to be in black; not only does it look better, IMO, it's more practical because it lasts longer before fading.

Sorry!! :lol: It's just something that stood out for me and bugged me. The little thigns add up, I guess.

Yes! Haha. That's exactly the reason why I want black.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I've always been one for 'less is more' that's why my 3 are simple and sweet; i'd go for the first one - looks cuter too XD
Yeah. I thought about saying something sinmilar to that but I didn't want to sound...feminine. :shifteyes:

Damn it, I agree with you, alright?!?!!? :lol: