I'm such a Dick!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hoosier_Daddy, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Today was my sons 17th birthday and I forgot. I felt like such a dick when he reminded me. I hope he'll forgive me and let me make it up to him.

Just needed a few ears to hear about my transgression.

Hoosier.

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Right On pal!

How could you forget?

And there you go folks, old people lose their memory faster. I wonder how you remember to login at FC.

3. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

My dad constantly forgets how old I am (and he probably woule flat out forget it if it wasn't for the fact that my moms is three days before mine), so you aren't the only one with birthday related issues toward their offspring.

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I remember my parents forgot my sister's birthday once. It was her 17th or 18th or something like that. She was so upset... But then my parents got her something really nice for her birthday but they just ended up forgetting her next one.

5. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

He took of with his buddies to get stoned and go frisbee golfing. I don't think it really phased him all that much.

Hoosier.

6. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

It happens to the best of people. There isn't much you can do but hope he forgives you. Which he will, to tell you the truth I wouldn't care if my Dad forgot about my b-day.

7. Henskie

Henskie The Super Pimp of GF

Yeah most of my family forgot my B-day and it barely phased me so meh

8. ThaVeileLadie

ThaVeileLadie Registered Member

Hoosier Daddy forgot whose daddy he was for a moment
    thank god im never being a parent when i grow up

9. Corona

Corona Registered Member

I almost forgot my mother's, but was reminded the day of and managed to get a card and gift a scant hour before the party.

10. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I forgot my mothers all the time.

My parents also have forgotten my sisters a few times (in terms of date they will misquote it to people who ask and stuff)

However they have never forgot mine but in general once a kid gets older (probably after 15/16) they really could care less if the parents forget.

Dont beat yourself up over it theres more b-days ahead.