• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I'm starving at 12am

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
It's almost 12am over here and the last time I ate today was at 8.30pm after coming back from the gym.
I'm really hungry now again. What can I do? How can I get rid of being hungry at this hour.
[I can't go to sleep if that would be your answer.] and I know it's unhealthy to eat now.
What do you recommend?

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
If you're not going to sleep then there's no reason not to eat. How about a bowl of whole grain cereal?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
If you're not going to sleep then there's no reason not to eat. How about a bowl of whole grain cereal?
That's a good idea!

Though I don't know the exact time when I might go to sleep all I know is that usually it doesn't happen before 12am.
But If I eat now, does it mean I should wait 2-3 hours before going to sleep?

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
not necessarily. Most nights I eat a small bowl of cereal before going to bed and it doesn't cause me to gain weight. In fact if I don't eat before bed, sometimes I wake up too hungry to go back to sleep.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
If I don't eat before bed, I don't wake up hungry to be honest. My stomach feels "closed" in the morning.

What If I eat any fruit right now? For example, apple. ?

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'm not persnickety about what I eat when, as long as it's nutritionally dense. I mean if you ate a doughnut right now that would be bad, but anything that's nutritionally dense, I don't see what it would hurt.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Usually when I get hungry in the middle of the night, I will make a salad or cook some eggs.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Eggs? Aren't they heavy for the stomach when you eat them at night ? [though they have lots of proteins].\
I eat them only in the morning.
------
Also, some eggs? How many?

Last edited:

redroses

Registered Member
just eat something like a bit of toast and dont obsess over it, if your feeling hungry your body is probably telling you to eat something. if i get hungry late at night i normally have some toast.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
A TOAST???? :-o
Never!
That would be the last thing I would eat lol at this hour.