I'm sooo worried

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mina, May 2, 2005.

1. Mina

Mina Registered Member

My 4 yr old is having breathing problems again, but really bad this time.

It looks like he may end up in the hosp if things don't start getting better soon :(

Just a bit of his history:

Quillan, my youngest, was born what we all thought was a week early (turns out that the due date was wrong and he was born 6 weeks early)

He was airlifted to Seattle as soon as he was born. They put him on a resperator and he should have been off in about 4 days, but then the hosp messed up. When putting in the navel IV's that they use for babies in the NICU they not only put it in wrong, but put in one that was contaminated with ecoli!! The next day he was so sick he almost died (heart rate over 300, more breathing problems, high temp, etc)

Due to being so sick he got jaundice, but not just one type but both types that are out there, and they couldn't get the levels down due to the infection.

What should have been a 4 day stay at the hosp turned into a stay that lasted a little over a month, and included feeding tubes, blood and plasma transfusions, a resporator, spinal taps, etc...

He is left with limited hearing due to the infection and some of the meds they gave him. He also has scarring to his lungs, damage to his kidneys and liver.

Well oops, he got a cold. Of course what 4 yr old boy hasn't gotten a cold?? Now he's having retractions (it's where the chest caves in with each breath) and is working so hard to breath that he doesn't have the energy to do anything. He's having problems even saying a 3 word sentence as he runs out of air!! And to top it all off the meds and breathing treatments arn't working.

I'm sorry to spill this on you, but I just needed to get it off of my chest... Here I am worried to death, ready to cry, and knowing that I have to be strong.

2. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Mina
    im sorry to hear this please be strong for him he needs you now more than ever i know first hand what he is going through with the breathing i have c.o.p.d and only 1 lung i stay on breathing meds allday and oxegyn to .so please get him some help i have been this way for 3 years and its not fun when you cant do anything. i know he is scared to death not knowing whats wrong with him at this young age. but i have you all in my prayers god bless you all

3. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

Be strong...I know this has to be hard on your whole family...mine with through something similar with me...it will work out

4. kromsales

kromsales Registered Member

I am so sorry :( I will be keeping him in my thoughts. Please keep us updated on how he is doing.

5. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

I am so sorry to hear about your son. Try to stay strong and know that you and your son are in our thoughts and prayers!!

6. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

Oh Mimi I am SO sorry! I hope and pray that this gets better and PLEASE let us know when it does! I am in such an emtional state myself today that reading this has put me in tears! Makes me think of my own little boy and how terrible I would feel if something like this had happened to him!

I hope that you sued the hospital! That was totally unexceptable and to have ALL those misfortunes, I mean come on! Mis determined due date, then putting in the tube wrong and it being contaminated on top of that! Makes me sick and TOTALLY furious!

I will keep you and your son in my prayers, and if you just need to vent please feel free to email me. I believe my email is in my profile or you can message me. Sometimes it is just nice to have a shoulder to cry on.

HUGS
    Jen

7. Mina

Mina Registered Member

Just got back from a day of testing and have new meds for him... They also tested his liver and kidney function while they were at it, and are currently puzzing over the odd results they got.

He's breathing and he's home for now, but I think it will be yet another sleepless night for me.

Thank you all for your support, and I will keep you updated.

8. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Mina thanks for the update are they saying what the odd results are. i will keep you in my prayers

9. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Mina how very scary! My heart goes out to you and your little boy. Thinking of you and hope those tests turn out all right. Wishing for a quick recovery!

10. kennon07

kennon07 Registered Member

Just wanted you to know that we'll be praying for you at our house! I'm so sorry you and your son have to go through this. Hopefully, it will help you a little bit to know that many people are thinking about you and praying for you both. Many Blessings, Pam and family