I'm so MAD!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SamusAran86, May 10, 2005.

1. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

I really havent covered this here, but this morning really made me mad, and I have to get this off my chest!

I have had back problems for several years now. The start of April was really painful. I decieded to see my doc again about the problem, and they wanted a MRI done.

Went for MRI and completly freaked out when they put me in the tube... I had a previous MRI on my knee... but they put me in feet first, this time they wanted head first... needless to say that didnt last long./

So waited another week, went for a open MRI. That came back as me having arthritis in my lower back and the VERY early stages of bulging disk's.

So anyhow when I saw a surgeon, they really cant do anything for me because theres nothing really wrong yet! Canals are clean and still open and not pinched off. Anyhow they scheduled me a appt for a EMG, that Im supposed to be at right now!!

BUT

They called 5 minutes to 8am, Appt is at 9AM. Telling me that there was a emergency, and that the appt would have to be recheduled. Im like WHAT!!
    I really want to send them a bill for $25, which is what I would be charged if I canceled the appt any less than 24 hours in advance! This really makes me mad! The pain is getting better, but I want to know whats wrong so I can get completly better.

How can the doc's office cancel a appt within 65 minutes of the appt, but your not allowed to do so in less than 24 hours. I dont see how thay can do that.

And to top off my morning, The refrig is makeing funny noises, and my dishwasher is leaking. Luckly enough the refrig is under warrenty. I have to wait until thursday to get the dishwasher fixed and friday for the refrig.

God, just shoot me!!

2. Mina

Mina Registered Member

I know what it's like to be in pain and things just not working on due to drs. I had to wait 11 months to get a surgery that I desperetly needed. Finaly got fed up with the Dr's out here and turned to Dr's in Seattle. Now because of all the waiting I have to get a complete hysterectomy!!

Darth, if they want to do a cortizone shot in the back see if you can get them to hold off.... alot of times it can make things much worse before they get better, if it even helps.

Hmmm, where are you.... I'll just send my little 8 yr old repair man over... Just watch the doorknobs

3. SamusAran86

Thanks, Mina...

right at this point surgery isnt a option, because we havent found the root of the problem. This EMG test was supposed to help pinpoint the problem.

I guess Im just more mad that the doc's office called 65 minutes before my appt and canceled.

4. Mina

Mina Registered Member

I had them cancel surgery after checking into the hosp. At least they called you...

Hope all goes well when you finaly get the EMG...fingers are crossed for you

5. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

I'm sorry to hear your having such terrible troubles Darth! I would just keep insisting to the doctors that something has got to be done.

This is what I dont understand.........we pay them (the doctors) right? So there for they work for us right? WHY in heavens name do they act like THEIR the boss? I mean its not like there isn't ten million of them out there!!?? I have only showed my butt once in a doctors office and it was when my daughter was little. She had ear infections alot and we went to a new doctor and instead of using a water gun type thing to clean her ear out, he uses a plastic PICK! AND insisted I HOLD her down for him to probe around in her ear! I refused and thus he got mad at me and told me he could do nothing for her if I would not do what he said and refused to give her medicine.......I WAS SO Mad! I left, went to another doctor and he fixed her right up!! I never went back to that doctor!!

Just dont put up with any of their crap darth..........reguardless of what THEY think...........they work for US!

6. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Sorry to hear that man. I think that is sucks and they should give you a new appointment on thursday.
    Most doctors can care less abought you. All they care abought is their golf swing. Hope your back feels better.
    Catch ya latter............. :warp:

Last edited: May 10, 2005
  7. SamusAran86

Yeah, Least mine didnt call me from a sports bar!! :eek:hno:

I think it will all work out, but Im just tired of the pain. Even though its not as bad as it has been, its still annoying

8. Marys454BB

Marys454BB Premium Member

Sorry to hear about all your troubles! That is why I can't stand "most" doctors and I hate our local hospital!
    Hope everything comes together soon so you can feel better!

9. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Yeah you might be right on that one dude. :lol: Medicine has now become big buisness and they don't care anymore. It sucks..
    Catch ya in the funny papers........... :warp:

10. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Darth, I'm sorry to hear about your back. I know how awful chronic pain can be especially when it's undiagnosed. I agree with Mina on the cortizone; I was having foot problems last year that just would not go away. The doctor gave me cortizone injections along with a 7 day supply of steroids before we went to Disney, and nothing helped. I know how angry people get about cancelled appts. but remember, the emergency could really have been something serious for someone else. Hang in there, we're all here for you!