I'm off soda...for now

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Millz, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

I finally came to the conclusion that I drink a ridiculous amount of soda and that I should pull back. I've decided to completely stop drinking soda for a couple weeks and then ease myself back into it if I struggle with it. I want to get to a point where I only drink a couple sodas per week and am hoping that if I stop for a while I won't want it as much when I start up again.

I gave soda up for lent a couple years ago and the second Easter came around I started drinking them again. So I'll never completely stop...I just need to stop drinking too much of it.

If you have other ideas let me know...anybody else have a soda addiction?

2. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

i've never been addicted to soda though when i had it home i would finish it in a minute - i don't know if that's addiction.

just don't buy sodas and drink as much water as you can.
    when you go somewhere to drink, never order soda. you gotta have a strong will.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I can't stand soda's, just drink something else instead. Like you can either drink water, juice, milk there's all types of drinks that you can replace with soda that are way better for you.

Just take it a day at a time and I'm sure you'll be able to survive, I'm sure you'll get a urge for it, when you do grab a box of juice or something else to quench your thirst.

4. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I am addicted to Dr. Pepper. I stopped drinking them every day and limited it to once a week, on Saturday.

Konshentz likes this.
  5. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I've never been addicted to POP. But good move, Kevin. It's pretty bad for you. Empty calories, phosphoric acid to rob your bones of calcium, not to mention the cost.

Water is free.

6. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

I drink waaaaay too much soda as well. A few times I have stopped for a couple weeks, once almost a month but I always come right back to the stuff. Not really sure how to stop. Ha.

7. Millz

Yeah I think water and gatorade will be my best friends...I can find the sugar elsewhere and coffee takes care of the caffeine need. So yeah, we'll see what happens.

The last time I gave it up I got headaches alot because my body wanted it so much...that might have been the worst part.

8. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

It's scary to think that you're that dependant on something though right? Should make you want to quit even more and whilst you can, even if you just significantly reduce the intake you'll do yourself wonders. I dislike the stuff, myself.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Just drink a lot of water, like other people have suggested. Chewing gum might help as well.

10. Millz

Ahh yeah, really scary. I noticed lately I've been drinking so much and its making me feel weird. I dont know, whenever I drink a ton of soda I can just feel my face getting oily.

Does soda/pop even cause people to break out with pimples? Or is that in my head too./

Noted.