I'm not guilty for being white

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
. . . and you shouldn't be either if you're white as well.

I hate how there's this undertone in society that whites owe blacks and other minorities something (blacks more so, for obvious reasons). I mean, just look at our society today and how race relations are handled. We let black people walk all over white people, mainly because a lot of white people seem to have some sort of unnecessary guilt. To save you from your guilt ridden skin, I have prepared a quiz for you:

Have you ever owned a slave?

If you answered yes, then you deserve the guilt.

If you answered no, you're free! Stop feeling guilty!

I guess I'm just ranting, but I hate the fact that white people are expecting to feel guilty around blacks and that some black people are dense enough to think we owe them something.

Thoughts?

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
I was supposed to feel guilty? Oops guess that letter got lost in the mail. I think this whole black white thing is played out it has become more of a thing to throw around now more than a actual problem. Oh and if I were black I would pray every night that someone would let Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to please shut up every time they open their mouths they set things back a few years.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I can't stand that Jesse Jackson shit either. Anyone who can be construed as racist is automatically some sort of ruthless, heartless, asshole that needs to be removed from society. The sad part is, that if a black guy calls racism on something, he'll always win because America is afraid of being white and right, like it's wrong or something.

Turbo

Registered Member
this all stems to the recent incidents with the word "nigga" or "nigger". its ok for blacks but a white guy says it they get shot or persecuted.

<dodges bullet since i'm white>

this double standard has to stop, a white guy kills a black guy and all holy hell breaks out but if the reverse happens it was self defense. i refusee to be sorry when they statistically commit more crimes than whites, yet whites are the evil race.

i'd run over sharpton and jackson with my wheelchair if it wouldn't get me arrested for a hate crime

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I don't feel guilty at all but you've got to be careful with all this 'black people are walking over white people' thinking, all that does is make even more racial gaps. I'd say there are times when sometimes positive racism is exhibited within our society and we definitely havn't figured out a way that doesn't favour one race over another yet, there is a certain balance missing but some times its the white people who suffer and sometimes its the Black people. Atleast theres some unity in the sense that sometimes we all just get screwed over. I wouldn't go so far to say that White people are always losing out because of the fear that they will appear racist. Anyway back to the main point of this thread NO, no white person should feel guilty for something that their ancesters did.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I can't figure out why you're so hung up on this, Merc. Can you give some examples of how "black people walk all over white people"?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I don't feel guilty at all but you've got to be careful with all this 'black people are walking over white people' thinking, all that does is make even more racial gaps. I'd say there are times when sometimes positive racism is exhibited within our society and we definitely havn't figured out a way that doesn't favour one race over another yet, there is a certain balance missing but some times its the white people who suffer and sometimes its the Black people. Atleast theres some unity in the sense that sometimes we all just get screwed over. I wouldn't go so far to say that White people are always losing out because of the fear that they will appear racist. Anyway back to the main point of this thread NO, no white person should feel guilty for something that their ancesters did.
Why are you trying to curb how I think? Why is that thinking making racist gaps? Stuff like black people getting jobs and education over white people because they're black is something else I'm talking about. Affirmative Action? It's a legal way of being racist. I understand that some black people are stuck with poor educational backgrounds and need a boost, but that's no excuse to look past people with stronger educational resumes.

White people lose out to black people a lot because of this fear of being racist and it's easy for people to play the racism card.

No offense, but for someone who is trying to tell me to not be racist, you've used the term "positive racism." That's kind of crazy.

EDIT: @ Jeanie

They are given so many opportunities over whites in the work place and in educational areas it's incredible. Like I said, I can understand the argument that black people need a push if they come from broken cities and poor backgrounds, but people get looked over because of it. If a white guy with a 3.2 GPA is passed over for a 2.3 GPA black student in favor of "diversifying" the school and giving him a chance, that's wrong. But if the white guy says anything, he's racist.

Blacks are allowed to walk all over white people because of our guilt. Guys like that comedian that got in trouble for trying to get some shock laughs out of the n-word deserve what they got coming to them because what he did was just plain obnoxious and rude. but some people end up getting screwed because they're misconstrued as racist.

People do what they can to pass by in society and black people have the "you just hate me because I'm black card" and our culture lets them play it whenever they want. That's what ticks me off.

Last edited:

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
No offense, but for someone who is trying to tell me to not be racist, you've used the term "positive racism." That's kind of crazy.
Positive racism doesnt mean 'good racism' lol, It basically means what you've been going on about; A black person suceeding because of being Black instead of being persecuted for it. I was in no means trying to curb the way you think, all I'm saying is that some white people start developing victim complexes when theres no need. I agree that positive racism needs to go, people should only succeed based on their own merits regardless of skin colour. I think what I'm trying to say is noone's walking all over anyone, everyones getting discriminated against by one thing or another.
I agree with you about the 'you hate me because I'm black thing', though I've never heared of anyone saying / acting on that it would piss me off too.

Last edited:

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
Merc,

I can understand where you're coming from seeing as you didn't live through the times when blacks weren't afforded even the most basic of equalities let alone higher educational opportunities. But the generation before you did see those dark days and those wounds won't be healed completely for a few more generations to come. That's why there's so many opportunities afforded them now. It's to make up for time lost and bridge the gap eventually bringing true equality about sooner. It's a bitter pill to swallow to be held accountable for the sins of the father, but unfortunately it's the cross your generation must bear.

Hoosier.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
But isn't it lame anyways to think we owe them something?

"Yo man, sorry for slavery, have a job!"

There is no such thing as "making up" when it comes to slavery and black civil rights movements. We just need to move on and stop letting this sort of thing affect our social decisions and standings.