• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I'm loving the gym!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Don't you have TV's on the wall at your gym Ysabel? We have a couple of 40inch screen TV's, and if there's not a lot of people I usually turn on something I enjoy. That's when I'm running on the treadmill though. You shouldn't be watching anything during in between reps. You should be stretching and that's it. Unless you're using your Blackberry for music, you should put it away LOL.
We have a couple, not like the gyms I've used in the US where it's lined up with different channels. But I'd rather watch something not random.

In one gym I went to, at the cruise, there's a connection to the elliptical so you can plug the ipod and your screen transforms into a telly with the machine stats on the side.

I have no iPod here in France so I don't watch in between reps. I stretch in between machines, I rest in between reps except for my fingers busy with BB.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When you go to the gym you should forget about everything, obviously you have kids and you have your phone in case of an emergency, but you shouldn't be working out your fingers on your phone LOL. You're suppose to concentrate on your work outs and nothing else. Unless there's a cute guy(girl for me) then you can concentrate on that for a bit ;)

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
When you go to the gym you should forget about everything, obviously you have kids and you have your phone in case of an emergency, but you shouldn't be working out your fingers on your phone LOL. You're suppose to concentrate on your work outs and nothing else. Unless there's a cute guy(girl for me) then you can concentrate on that for a bit ;)
What if I'm chatting with a cute guy over the phone? ;)

This is how I amuse myself during workouts. I just can't workout and look at myself in the mirror (no mattter how vain I am, haha). It's not different from watching your tv screens at the gym. Of course there are certain workouts that need more concentration or my hands aren't free...it's actually motivating to finish when I know that I can finally have my phone back and finish a good convo hahaha

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
You were chatting with me over the phone during your workout so we all know now you're lying:p
Maybe if you post your picture for everyone to see in the GF pic thread, then people would know the truth.

How's your gym routine? Still not going because of Football?

Btw, question for everyone:

What makes you break your gym routines? For example, if you have to watch something (like if your favorite tv shows changed the days/time slot that conflict with your gym schedule or your favorite team is playing a game that day/night), would you still gym or give yourself a pass?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Maybe if you post your picture for everyone to see in the GF pic thread, then people would know the truth.

How's your gym routine? Still not going because of Football?

Btw, question for everyone:

What makes you break your gym routines? For example, if you have to watch something (like if your favorite tv shows changed the days/time slot that conflict with your gym schedule or your favorite team is playing a game that day/night), would you still gym or give yourself a pass?
Hey, I only skipped ONE day. It was Monday Night Football, 49ers and the Saints, how could I miss? That and a pizza was too much to pass up:lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The only time I don't go to the gym is when I have a lunch function with my brang e.g. someone's Birthday. Other than that I go to the gym on my lunch break every day. Sometimes, I won't do cardio during the weekend since I don't feel good enough to do so. You all know what I do on my weekends for the most part LOL.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I gave myself a pass on Monday because I discovered that the video on my Zune was not up to date. I have a terrible day at work if I don't have something to watch while I do this mind numbing job...so I went home instead of working out for lunch that day.

I HAVE to give myself a pass today because I was late this morning and forgot my gym bag. I even took the time to pack it even though I was running late...so I'm really upset that I forgot it. I don't like missing more than one workout a week. I feel terrible.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I pass my gym only if I have an important meeting, dinner, party and will have to go out.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Unless it's related to a big change in my schedule, or a really hectic day at internship, I don't really have a good excuse to give a "pass" to myself for the gym. I do like certain TV shows a lot, but typically their time doesn't interfere.

It's also different for me because the time of day that I go can be varied; it's typically at night (around 10 p.m. my time, my gym is 24 hours).