• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

I'm loving the gym!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Glad to hear things are going so well, Ysa! I've had similar feelings, but haven't been as dedicated as you in the past couple of weeks...my excuse, lol, is that I've been getting used to doing either internship or class every day of the week besides Sat and Sun, and it was just tiring me out. Now that I'm in the routine, I'm trying to make it back at least a few days this week to get my body back in the swing of things.

Doing it while on vacation? That's dedication!

And you know my name is Unity again, smartass ;).

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Ugh. I'm trying to get to the "loving" part. Although, if I were in the gym as long as you guys were I would hate and resent it. I don't see how you can work out for more than an hour at a time. I only do a half hour a day. lol

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't even see the hour go by. Sometimes I'll do half an hour, but that's because I had a rough night the day before. Other than that I usually do an hour minimum.

I like to go on a daily basis, because I know that I'll lose the "passion" if I only go a few times a week. That's the last thing I want to happen, since I've been working hard in the past year or so.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I guess it's because I don't enjoy it, and I only do it because I have to. I don't notice the hour go by if I'm doing something that I actually like...but when I go to the gym I pretty much take care of business and get out. But I do tend to push myself harder in the shorter time. I'm also trying to ease up on that before I give myself a heart attack by getting my bpm too high.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I do 2 hours a day. You get used to it but it takes some time to love it and those 2 hours will mean nothing.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Ugh. I'm trying to get to the "loving" part. Although, if I were in the gym as long as you guys were I would hate and resent it. I don't see how you can work out for more than an hour at a time. I only do a half hour a day. lol

Maybe when you get your BlackBerry....

I spend some time chatting on BBM when I do the cardio haha. It makes time pass faster. I also use it in between reps for the machines.

Or get an Ipod and watch reruns of 24h or your latest series. During my vaca, I watched Friends episode during cardio. And I know you love watching tv.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't know. Even when I did love it, before I got into an accident and it became painful...

I still only went 45 minutes, max. My cardio sessions were 25 minutes, my weight lifting sessions were 45.

I'm just a lazy person, I guess.
------
Maybe when you get your BlackBerry....

I spend some time chatting on BBM when I do the cardio haha. It makes time pass faster. I also use it in between reps for the machines.

Or get an Ipod and watch reruns of 24h or your latest series. During my vaca, I watched Friends episode during cardio. And I know you love watching tv.
Oh man. Between reps I work on a different muscle and alternate. I have to do it that way anyway because I have a limited time at lunch. Besides, if I watch all my tv shows while I'm working out, what am I going to do when I'm working?! lol

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Then reserve reruns for when you work....remember you're supposed to be working so even if you dont pay full attention to those (and pretend to work), it won't matter.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I like to go on a daily basis, because I know that I'll lose the "passion" if I only go a few times a week. That's the last thing I want to happen, since I've been working hard in the past year or so.
I agree with you there...for a while, I was going just about every day of the week. It's not necessarily important for me to go every single day, but upping your frequency will up results and just your overall "feeling goodness." haha

I hope to move back up to that pattern asap. :nod:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Don't you have TV's on the wall at your gym Ysabel? We have a couple of 40inch screen TV's, and if there's not a lot of people I usually turn on something I enjoy. That's when I'm running on the treadmill though. You shouldn't be watching anything during in between reps. You should be stretching and that's it. Unless you're using your Blackberry for music, you should put it away LOL.